• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 160 available?

Share/Bookmark

Giga 160 available?

I have Win98 machine that I want to run Giga 160 on it. GS3 is overkill for me, and I want to keep in Win98 for now.

Anybody still selling a registered, official copy of Giga 160 anymore? any ideas?

So one on EBay, but I didn't want to purchase something that I couldn't "legally" resgister with Tascam,......

any ideas?

Re: Giga 160 available?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin
    I have Win98 machine that I want to run Giga 160 on it. GS3 is overkill for me, and I want to keep in Win98 for now.

Anybody still selling a registered, official copy of Giga 160 anymore? any ideas?

So one on EBay, but I didn't want to purchase something that I couldn't "legally" resgister with Tascam,......

any ideas?
    I think I have seen online stores that continue to sell Giga 160. Have you searched the internet?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

searched some places with no success. I was hoping someone had seen it some place (there are a LOT of stores now)

Your best chance would be to contact Tascam Sales directly, and explain your Win 98 situation.

Tascam Sales
    (323) 278-8584 phone
    Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
    U.S. Pacific Standard Time

GS3 Ensemble is comparable to GS2 160. You’d be doing yourself a big favor if you’d just upgrade to WinXP, and buy the current version of GS.

You have to get the cooperation of the seller. There are (where?) two PDF's on the website, one for the buyer, one the seller, basically forms that you print out and send in. The seller sends in the form with the registration info and the name of the person they are transferring the license to. The seller sends in a transfer request form. Tascam will then issue the registration to the buyer and invalidate the sellers registration. I did it with a 160 I purchased on Ebay.

Ernie

Go Back to forum