• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Topic: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    All,

    I cannot get the Garritan Personal Orchestra keyswitches to work within the full version of Kontakt (ver. 1.5.3). Is this a known issue or bug? Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, do you know if there is a solution?

    My sequencer is Sonar 3.

    Thanks in advance,

    Larry Alexander

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona
    Posts
    4,044

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Larry,

    GPO keyswitches should work fine in Kontakt 1.5.3 as GPO is programmed inside of this version of Kontakt. The keyswitches work fine on my machine and I'm using Sonar 3.1.1 with Kontakt 1.5.3.

    Is it possible that your in the wrong octave for the keyswitches?

  3. #3

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Larry,

    GPO keyswitches should work fine in Kontakt 1.5.3 as GPO is programmed inside of this version of Kontakt. The keyswitches work fine on my machine and I'm using Sonar 3.1.1 with Kontakt 1.5.3.

    Is it possible that your in the wrong octave for the keyswitches?

    No, I'm in the correct octave. It just will not work on my system for some strange reason. I beta-tested a tuba sample library for a company called Front Porch and his keyswitches wouldn't work with kontakt either and they should have. There is a definite problem somewhere.

    Do you have any idea what it could be? I am reluctant to re-install Kontakt because it is such a complex hassle.

    I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

    Thanks very much!

    Regards,

    Larry A.

  4. #4

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Larry, can you give me a patch to test? I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I haven't noticed anything like this so far.

  5. #5

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Larry, can you give me a patch to test? I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I haven't noticed anything like this so far.

    You bet! Tell me exactly what you want me to send to you and where to send it, please. I appreciate your time and trouble.

    Thanks very much,

    Larry A.

  6. #6

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Well, firstly, give me the name of a GPO instrument to try a keyswitch on and we'll work from there.

  7. #7

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Well, firstly, give me the name of a GPO instrument to try a keyswitch on and we'll work from there.
    OK...Violin 2 Strad KS Solo for instance.

    Larry A.

  8. #8

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    I'll get back to ya soon Larry. Hopefully we can get this sorted out without a reinstall.

  9. #9

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    I'll get back to ya soon Larry. Hopefully we can get this sorted out without a reinstall.

    Thanks very much for your help, Joe. I really appreciate your taking the time to do this.

    My best,

    Larry A.

  10. #10

    Re: Problem with GPO keyswitches in Kontakt

    Load the patch and hit the following keys followed by any of the chromatic notes of the instrument and tell me what you hear:

    F1
    G1
    A1

    You can try this inside of Kontakt by hitting the Edit button after loading the sample, followed by Mapping Editor. Alternatly, you can do it with a keyboard or in a sequencer as well.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •