• Register
  • Help

Topic: Beyond Audible Frequencyes Psych impact: nice article

Share/Bookmark

Beyond Audible Frequencyes Psych impact: nice article

Hi friends. In the audiominds.com forum i found a nice article about an investigation of the impact of High (non-audible) frequencies impact in brain.
    Interesting to read:
    http://jn.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/83/6/3548
    Marcelo Colina

Re: Beyond Audible Frequencyes Psych impact: nice article

HEY Marcelo,
    I noticed your signature "Kindergarten teacher". I taught grades K through 8 for five years. The kindergartens through 4 grade kids were awesome and were what made coming to teach a joy! My Kindergarten through fourth grades loved the songs from Nickels Worth collection. Are you familiar with them? Just being curious.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    HEY Marcelo,
    I noticed your signature "Kindergarten teacher". I taught grades K through 8 for five years. The kindergartens through 4 grade kids were awesome and were what made coming to teach a joy! My Kindergarten through fourth grades loved the songs from Nickels Worth collection. Are you familiar with them? Just being curious.
    I work in Argentina, study course are organized a little diffrent. Kids are awesome, but they have too much energy . You end the day a little tired.
    I dont know about Nickers Worth collection, but i will google it to know about, any link you suggest?
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by marce
    I work in Argentina, study course are organized a little diffrent. Kids are awesome, but they have too much energy . You end the day a little tired.
    I dont know about Nickers Worth collection, but i will google it to know about, any link you suggest?
    Links, no not right off hand. I will search for you.
    The energy the kids had was tireing I'll admit but I would have rather had them all day than any 7th or 8th grade class.
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Beyond Audible Frequencyes Psych impact: nice article

You know what ... to come to think of it I believe the songbooks are an exclusive to The Education Department of The University at Buffalo College. I know many people there and will do some calling. If I get a hold of one of the volumes (I think there is 4 or 5) I will send you one, OK? There are some awesome limericks songs in the books that kid just hound you to let them sing! If I can't find the books, I believe I know the Author.
    Let me work on it you won't be disappointed.
    Styxx

The energy the kids had was tireing I'll admit but I would have rather had them all day than any 7th or 8th grade class.
    I know what are you talkin about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    You know what ... to come to think of it I believe the songbooks are an exclusive to The Education Department of The University at Buffalo College. I know many people there and will do some calling. If I get a hold of one of the volumes (I think there is 4 or 5) I will send you one, OK? There are some awesome limericks songs in the books that kid just hound you to let them sing! If I can't find the books, I believe I know the Author.
    Let me work on it you won't be disappointed.
    Thanks! sounds interesting
    Marcelo Colina

Hmmm. Gamelon music affecting brainwaves. Gamelon sample library..mind control...something strange may be happening here...

Quote Originally Posted by [size=-1
    The Journal of Neurophysiology] [/size]Inaudible High-Frequency Sounds Affect Brain Activity: Hypersonic Effect. J. Neurophysiol. 83: 3548-3558, 2000. Although it is generally accepted that humans cannot perceive sounds in the frequency range above 20 kHz, the question of whether the existence of such "inaudible" high-frequency components may affect the acoustic perception of audible sounds remains unanswered. In this study, we used noninvasive physiological measurements of brain responses to provide evidence that sounds containing high-frequency components (HFCs) above the audible range significantly affect the brain activity of listeners. We used the gamelan music of Bali, which is extremely rich in HFCs with a nonstationary structure, as a natural sound source, dividing it into two components: an audible low-frequency component (LFC) below 22 kHz and an HFC above 22 kHz. Brain electrical activity and regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) were measured as markers of neuronal activity while subjects were exposed to sounds with various combinations of LFCs and HFCs....

I had a chance to play and listen to Gamelan for a couple of years and could never get into it on recordings. After reading I wonder if this effect could be the reason that Gamelan recordings don't move me. There's a lot of things going on in live music that just can't be captured. At least not yet.
    Pentium D 3Ghz , 2 GB RAM, Sonar 4 PE, M Audio 192, Kurzweil 2661, Roland DM-20's, Kontakt 2, GPO

Go Back to forum