• Register
  • Help

Topic: kinda dumb question

Share/Bookmark

kinda dumb question

I know I'm going to sound stupid, but I don't care. I'm curious is it common to only Have 1 tuba in a standard orchesta? I just got EWQLSO gold last month and it only has what i believe is solo tuba since it is with the solo instruments. I've grown up with concert bands, and at minimum there are 5 tubas. Just curious if this is common among orchestras.

Re: kinda dumb question

Whoa! Thats pretty neat (I start singing its a small world after all with a bunch of midgets) . Seriously though Thanks for the tuba info.

While there are some pretty notable exceptions, it is true that most pieces and most orchestras only have 1 tuba. Usually if the piece calls for more tubas they will contract out side the orchestra for the additional help.

Though two tubas is not uncommon. I think that they should include a C-Tuba and an F-Tuba at least. Though to tell you the truth I've never been really able to tell the difference.

I'm more concerned about the lacking bass-bones but I hear that that's coming in Gold Pro. $995 for bass bones

So I guess for now we'll have to refrain from writing those glorious tuba ensemble pieces.

Cheers,

Jose

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by josejherring
    I'm more concerned about the lacking bass-bones but I
    hear that that's coming in Gold Pro. $995 for bass bones
    A little bird told me that yes, they are charging $995 for bass bones. However, once you register the Pro update, you'll have instant access to a bunch of other instruments and articulations too.

FV

HEHE....I couldn't even afford Gold (only with the group buy could I get it). But boy would it be sweet to get that Marco Beltrami sound, with the Two Bass T-bones, not to mention all the other articulations and Qlegato....oooooooo, how I dream

Go Back to forum