• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any happy GS3 ensemble/solo users of Vintaudio Yamaha C7 ?

Share/Bookmark

Any happy GS3 ensemble/solo users of Vintaudio Yamaha C7 ?

Ok I have a install/load problem with the Vintaudio Yamaha C7 library. I mailed Franky about it but until now I didn't receive a answer.
    My configuration is Pentium 4 -2.6 ghz, 1 gig of Ram, and Gigastudio 3.04 Ensemble (with only the Gigapulse Player).
    I think I installed everything exactly as told in the read me file description. But I seem not to be able to load the yamaha gsp-patches with the impulses which are provided. I can only play the piano without the impulses.
    If I load any gsp patch/file it cannot load(or find) the impulse files. It stops during loading and I get the following message: Trouble in RestoreFrameWorkState() during loader restore. Adjusting to correct problem. If I click OK then the green fx light turns off and the piano is loaded without fx.
    The read me file says: once you have imported the impulse files in the Gpulse/Common/bin folder you need to Rescan Bank/Preset Directories in Gigapulse.
    To do so open a new instance of Gigapulse and go in file and then Rescan Bank/preset directories as shown in the pictures.
    My problem is that I don't have Gigapuls Pro, that I cannot open a new instance of Gigapulse and that I'm not able to go to file and do:"Rescan Bank/Preset Directories.
    I've tried to do this in the gigapulse player, to go to file but I get no option to do this. It doesn't work.
    Can somebody explain what step I'm missing or what I can do to make this piano work on my system with GS3 ensemble? thanks for any help!

Re: Any happy GS3 ensemble/solo users of Vintaudio Yamaha C7 ?

Go to this topic... I am very sorry for you... TASCAM should be sued for this.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...124#post254124

I am until now really happy with GS3 and I am also able tu use gigapiano 2 and the PMI-Old Lady with gpulse playing (encoded as gig-files). So no problems with that....
    I only wonder if I will be able to use the Vintaudio C7 piano with gigapulse because Franky did encode them as gsp-files and I don't see yet how I can activate the gigapulse part of it within Gigastudio Ensemble. I ask myself if Franky created the piano with-and within Gigastudio Orchestra not knowing enough about the limitations of the GS3 ensemble version and the gigapulse player?
    I hope I am all wrong about this and that there will be a solution to my problem.

Lightbulb Re: Any happy GS3 ensemble/solo users of Vintaudio Yamaha C7 ?

Yes, was as surprised as everyone else about the limitations of Ensemble, I too thought the Gigapulse sent with Ensemble would have the same features has the one included with Orchestra.

However, I am currently working in concert with Tascam to create a ensemble compatible version of the library, anyone who bought in the group buy and has a legitimate (registered with Tascam, proof of Ensemble ownership will be required) copy of GS Ensemble, will get the updated Ensemble Gpulse compatible version for free, for now it would seem ensemble is not compatible since it only plays back embedded Impulses, even if we do create a version for ensemble, it will obviously be less adjustable than our version that comes with Orchestra. Give me a week or 2 and it will be ready.

Vango, sorry I didn't get your mail, I would've replied immediatly.

Kindly
    Franky
    VIntaudio

I am very happy, with your answer Franky. Thank you.
    It confirms my thoughts, as written in my last post. I am really glad that you are going to make a update of your C7 library for us GS3 ensemble/Solo users.

Quote Originally Posted by Guga Bernardo
    Go to this topic... I am very sorry for you... TASCAM should be sued for this.
    Guga,
    Please stop your "GigaStudio 3 bashing", especially since you don't actually own it. For whatever reason, you seem to have started a personal crusade to criticize GigaStudio whenever you can. It seems that when anyone mentions anything bad about GigaStudio, there you are jumping in trying to "add flames to the fire".

I thought your website was very innovative, but your posts relating to GigaStudio seem very unprofessional and very unbalanced.

There is "room" in the music world for multiple samplers, even ones that don't end with "akt".

OK, and how can we solo or ensemble users get the samples? Can we download them, or do you send CDs?

Lightbulb Re: Any happy GS3 ensemble/solo users of Vintaudio Yamaha C7 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Benecs
    OK, and how can we solo or ensemble users get the samples? Can we download them, or do you send CDs?
    As soon as I'm done, all of those who bought the GS3 version of the library and are solo or ensemble owners will get a free update on DVDs, you will however have to prove ownership of either GS3 solo or GS3 ensemble and that you have not upgraded to Orchestra, this will verified with Tascam.

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Cool, thank you very much!

Go Back to forum