• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Want to get GS3 ENSEMBLE for GigaPulse? FORGET IT - it only works in Orchestra!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Want to get GS3 ENSEMBLE for GigaPulse? FORGET IT - it only works in Orchestra!!!!!

This is a pretty sly way to get people to pay for GS3 Orchestra even when they only need Ensemble and don't need the GigaPulse encoding features.

GigaPulse crashes Ensemble. CONSTANTLY. Orchestra users seem to be having very few problems with GigaPulse, probably because TASCAM just RIPS OUT a bunch of features before compiling the Ensemble .exe's WITHOUT TESTING THE RESULTING BUILD. Tascam just doesn't care. I mean, it's stupid: like a $300 customer doesn't matter to them but a $500 one does? What kind of sense does that make?

Bad business. BAD BUSINESS! False advertising - no, you CANNOT use GigaPulse in Ensemble AT ALL unless you want to lose your performance setups! YOU CANNOT BYPASS GIGAPULSE IN ENSEMBLE without blocking the plug-in. YOU CANNOT USE GIGAPULSE IN THE ENSEMBLE DSP STATION. (I'm not talking about encoding - just USING EXISTING IMPULSES.) YOU CANNOT SELECT ANY MICS IN ENSEMBLE - VERY LIMITED. You cannot breathe when you have bought air. You cannot eat when you have bought food... get my drift?

I paid nearly $300 for the Ensemble version. How can I change it out for Orchestra, or at least get a credit for what I paid? I HAVE SPENT AT LEAST FIFTY (50) HOURS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THESE CRASHES, AND HAVE NO RESPONSE FROM TASCAM. I am a student - I want an academic upgrade to Orchestra. I CANNOT USE GIGAPULSE IN ENSEMBLE BECAUSE IT KEEPS DESTROYING MY .GSP FILES AND COUNTLESS HOURS OF WORK!!!

Re: Want to get GS3 ENSEMBLE for GigaPulse? FORGET IT - it only works in Orchestra!!!!!

Oh, yeah, and after all this they still have the courage to say that GS3 is a great product. What kind of amazing product is this that corrupts files and crashes systems???? I feel your pain, my friend...

Re: Want to get GS3 ENSEMBLE for GigaPulse? FORGET IT - it only works in Orchestra!!!!!

By the way, if you just bought it, try to return it to TASCAM and request your money back. It is your right if the product doesn´t do what it promisses.

No!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke...Okay, 50 hours of trying is no joke. I just e-mailed the place where I bought GS3 Ensemble to see what I can do, but if you guys get anything on tascam (preferably exchange/upgrade), please let us all know. Thanks.

Gadgetguy05, I purchased the less expensive GS3 Ensemble because I did'nt need more than 4 midi ports. I too was under the impression that Gigapulse was part of the deal. Well, I get the program home, load it up, get it all going, and for the life of me I can't find the Giga Pulse reverb in the effects drop down box. I then read this part of the manual AGAIN and discover this time that Giga Pulse only plays back samples that are embedded with it. As someone said, (I think it was Jon), you must have Giga Studio Orchestra in order to roll your own.) MAN! was I ticked!
    I contacted Tascam, and I purchased the upgrade from them for $200.00 and it was at my door a few days later.
    Now, I too feel your anger and disappointment, however, my sytem did not crash or burn because of Giga studio G-Pulse embedded samples. I am confident that there are quite a few settings that you may have not changed in your system that will allow Giga to run flawlessly. I am so happy with GS3 Orchestra.

As far as the false advertising goes, after I read the manual about the embedded samples, I then read the info on the outside of the box, and it cleary states that it will play embedded samples. I agree it is confusing, and a little misleading until you buy it and get it home. Only after you open it, (voiding your option of returning it) only then to find out it is not what the guy at the music store described.

Make sure you make all the setting changes to your PC, and you will love it!
    Mine is extremely solid!

I copied this info from the Tascam Website.
    Print it! Do everything it says except the red.
    That's what I did and I am using a store bought 3.06 ghz Dell PC with 1 gig of ram.

DPDAN

GigaStudio 3 Windows XP Optimization

The best “recipe” for setting up Windows XP for GigaStudio or any serious audio work is to do the following:

A fresh install of Windows XP (Home or Pro)

Verify in “Device Manager” that all devices (AGP, PCI, FW, USB etc…) are "happy". (No “yellow exclamation marks” or “other device” categories.)

When at all possible verify that in “Device Manager” “View/Resources by type/Interrupt request (IRQ)” that your audio card is sitting on its own IRQ number and that this number is not assigned to any other devices.

Now it is recommended that you turn off any services or programs in Windows that run in the back ground. TASCAM recommends the following XP tweaks:

Once you have successfully installed Windows XP and verified that all of the hardware devices in your system are “happy”, no conflicts and all devices have their required drivers installed, you are ready to optimize Windows XP for serious audio mayhem.

For consistency, before carrying out the tuning tips suggested below, switch to classic view in the control panel as well as for the start menu.

Start > Control Panel > "Switch to Classic View".

Start > Control Panel > Taskbar and Start Menu > Start Menu Tab > Classic Start Menu

Switch off Desktop Background Image

Right Click Desktop > Properties > Desktop Tab > Background None

Disable Screen Saver

Right Click Desktop > Properties > Screen Saver > None

Switch off Power Schemes

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Power Options > Always On > Set: Turn off monitor and turn off hard discs to Never

Disable Automatic Desktop Cleanup

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Untick "Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days

Disable Hide Inactive Icons

Start > Settings > Taskbar and Start Menu > Taskbar TAB > Uncheck "Hide Inactive Icons"

Set Visual Effects to “Best Performance”

Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance Settings > Visual Effects Tab > Adjust for best performance

Disable Remote Assistance

Start > Settings > Control Panel> System > Remote > Untick Allow remote assistance invitations to be sent from this computer

Disable Automatic Updates

Start > Settings > Control Panel> System > Automatic Updates > Turn off automatic updating. I want to update my computer manually

Disable System Restore

Start > Settings > Control Panel> System > System Restore Tab. Tick the "Turn off System Restore on all Drives"

Disable Internet Synchronize Time

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Date and Time > Internet Time > Untick "Automatically synchronize with internet time server"

Disable Windows Sounds

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sounds Tab > Sound Scheme to None.

Disable Fast User Switching

Start > Settings > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on or off > Untick Use Fast User Switching

These are the tweaks that we use on our systems here at TASCAM and they have proven effective through the beta cycle of GS3 as a good solid starting point. Our Value Added Retailers (VARs) take system tweaks to the next level by fine tuning these tweaks to get every last ounce of power out of a PC. They are your best source for a glitch free computer creativity.

A good resource to learn more about these tweaks and how they affect your operating system can be found at:

http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

Re: Want to get GS3 ENSEMBLE for GigaPulse? FORGET IT - it only works in Orchestra!!!

Good thing I caught this info. I have GS 2.54 and have been contemplating whether or not to upgrade to GS ensemble or Orchestra or NI Kontact 2.

I was leaning toward GS3 Ensemble but it sounds to cut down.

So now it's just down to Orchestra or Kontact 2 or both.

Cheers,
    JS

Quote Originally Posted by Guga Bernardo
    Oh, yeah, and after all this they still have the courage to say that GS3 is a great product. What kind of amazing product is this that corrupts files and crashes systems???? I feel your pain, my friend...
    Guga,

To my knowledge, you don't own GigaStudio 3. I know you are a big supporter of Kontakt, but I think it is unfair for you to respond to threads like this, since your response implies that you are familiar with GS3 and have had similar experiences. Given all of your negative comments about GS3, I almost get the impression that you are purposely trying to destroy GigaStudio.

I personally want a world where there are multiple sampler choices, not just Kontakt (or not just GigaStudio, or not just Halion). That is why I try to be supportive of ALL platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetguy05
    I HAVE SPENT AT LEAST FIFTY (50) HOURS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THESE CRASHES, AND HAVE NO RESPONSE FROM TASCAM.
    Gadgetbuy05,

It can be frustrating when products don't seem to work. Have you actually phoned Tascam support? What do they say? If you can provide them with an example that they can recreate, I am sure they can fix this "bug" (it might be a configuration problem).

For better or worse, Tascam doesn't do a very good job of responding to emails. If you call them, you can get immediate assistance.

Technical Support or Registration
    (323) 727 -7617 phone
    (323) 727 - 7632 fax
    Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
    U.S. Pacific Standard Time
    P.S. - I agree a product should work. However, I wouldn't call the fact that only GS3 Orchestra comes with GigaPulse Pro "false advertising". All of the GS3 literature, including their website, highlights the difference between GigaPulse Pro and GigaPulse SP:
    http://www.tascamgiga.com/gigapulse.html

Re: Want to get GS3 ENSEMBLE for GigaPulse? FORGET IT - it only works in Orchestra!!!

Quote Originally Posted by js33
    I was leaning toward GS3 Ensemble but it sounds to cut down.

So now it's just down to Orchestra or Kontakt 2 or both.

Cheers,
    JS
    If GigaPulse is important to you, buying any version besides GS3 Orchestra does limit you to playing back titles that have GS3 impulses embedded in them.

Go Back to forum