• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why do I still get Conexant Wavestream Error?

Share/Bookmark

Why do I still get Conexant Wavestream Error?

Though I have the 2.54 version of gigastudio, I still get the Conexant Wavestream Message Server has encountered a problem and needs to close\" message. I thought the 2.54 gigastudio fixes this problem. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should try? It takes about 10 minutes to load up my gig, a play it for 15 seconds then get the error.

* Windows XP SP1, 1 gig of RAM, Pentium 4, large dedicated harddrive
    * Sonar XL and Gigastudio 160

Thanks

Re: Why do I still get Conexant Wavestream Error?

My understanding is that it fixed the CWE for systems with RME Hammerfalls and MidiSport 4x4s. There were unexpected MIDI commands being generated that GS wasn\'t filtering out.

What MIDI/Audio setup are you running? Maybe the Tascam guys need to tighten their filters.

I have the m-audio Delta 2496 sound card with the 5.10.00.29 drivers (the very latest).

HELP!! I just installed the new RME HDSP9632 with the new 2.61 drivers and I\'ve now bumped into this CWE problem in spades. I have reinstalled a new/clean instance of GS160 version 2.54 (which was suppose to have solved this problem) and when I begin to load a large .gig file I get the same \"Connexant Wavestream Message Server has encountered a problem and needs to close\" error and the system takes a hard crash and reboots. This has put me out of business. Any workarounds out there? If I kill the 9632 Midi Drivers will it solve the problem? I am running Windows XP Pro and can\'t be down for long. Please help anyone .....thanks

There is a workaround for the CWE.

You need to insert a utility app between your MIDI interface and GS. Something like GOS Maestro Tools or Yellow Tools Keyswitch ( http://www.yellowtools.de/index2_e.htm ). The idea is that the utility sees the MIDI interface and GS sees the output of the utility. You can set Keyswitch up so it doesn\'t actually do anything except re-route your MIDI.

Not ideal but it should work.

Marsdy.....I already have it set up that way. I have been running Maple (i.e. Maestro Tools) for 6 months in this configuration. It\'s interesting that it happens primarily when I try to load a file from Garritan Strings (oddly enough) called \"Full Strings Basic KS Bomb. Lite (C0-G0)\" . It dosen\'t wait for me to try to send midi to it or anything. It blows up in the LOAD process. The error is both almost instantaneous and 100% repeatable. It starts to load the file and bang....Conexant error....hard crash. The funny thing is I am not running any Conexant products on the system at all. Odviously this is an error coming out of GS 2.54.

ooops....Freudian Slip.....

I mean\'t \"Full Strings...Comb.lite...\"

Go Back to forum