• Register
  • Help

Topic: CC Pedal and Volume Pedal

Share/Bookmark

Question CC Pedal and Volume Pedal

I have a quick question about Continuous Control pedals and Volume Pedals, when working with samples... please.

I have been using the "Volume pedal" which came with my midi controller keyboard to fade the sample instruments in and out of the mix. I have noticed that the volume pedal is very sensitive, and it is kinda hard to make an fully authentic sounding crescendo or decrescendo.

Is a CC Pedal (continuous control pedal) very different from a regular volume pedal?

In your opinion...would a CC pedal (rather than the volume pedal) added to my set-up give me much more control over my midi instruments?

(Sorry to be unclear about the differences between the two... I am just so use to using a plain old volume pedal) Thanks for the help..... Gary

Re: CC Pedal and Volume Pedal

If by 'volume pedal', you mean a pedal on the end of your audio output, then you'll find the cc pedal much more useful for several reasons - many libs respond to difference in ccbecuase instruments usually get brighter when louder, and duller when softer, while volume change is just that-the same timbre with different loudness. CC info is editable after the fact, volume is not (you can alter the volme of the track, but again it only affects the mix, not the timbre, which is what real instruments do when they change volume.)

If you mean a cc pedal that produces cc7 for volume, check your synth, most will allow you to send different cc's - 11 for expression is common.

I recommend a cc pedal into your controller, it's much more useful to you.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Smile Re: CC Pedal and Volume Pedal

Hello SoundSmith, thanks for you very informative reply.

I guess that the next purchase I make will be a CC pedal. Yeah, the difference in the pedals sounds like it will make a tremendous improvement in my midi setup. Thanks again for your reply..... Gary

Go Back to forum