• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Do Multi-disks work in GS3 orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Do Multi-disks work in GS3 orchestra

Just wondering...would Malsmjo acoutic piano work with Gigastudio 3? It's a multi-disk gs! format and the help files says to use Import in GigaStudio...but obviosuly doesn't say anything about GigaStudio 3 Orchestra...so I'm wondering does it work there?

Re: Do Multi-disks work in GS3 orchestra

It will work fine.

Thanks for reply,

One more question though,

When I load up it tells me I don't have a compatible sound card and can only work in Rewire mode...I'm guessing this means it has to reroute to another midi program. That's fine, because I have Cubase...but will this affect my ability to load Malmsjo piano or the multidisk files, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne{
    When I load up it tells me I don't have a compatible sound card and can only work in Rewire mode...I'm guessing this means it has to reroute to another midi program. That's fine, because I have Cubase...but will this affect my ability to load Malmsjo piano or the multidisk files, etc.?
    You will still be able to load instruments into GigaStudio.

The "not compatible sound card" message means that you don't have any GSIF audio drivers loaded for your sound card. Most pro audio interfaces have GSIF drivers. What sound card are you using? Check on the manufacturer's website for their updated drivers.

If your sound card actually has GSIF-2 drivers, then you will actually be able to route audio into GigaStudio.

I'm using a SB Live! but I didn't have the latest drivers. But on second check, it;s not a GSIF soundcard.

But..uh, how do i load multi-disks? When I go to open, it just has .gig .gsp and some .pif or something

[EDIT]Never mind, I got to work But does this mean that since my card is not GSIF, I can't use it in Cubase?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne{
    But does this mean that since my card is not GSIF, I can't use it in Cubase?
    With GS3, GSIF drivers are required for Giga to be able to directly send audio to your sound card. Since you don't have them, you have to work in "Rewire mode". This means that GS3 can send audio information back to your sequencer.

Look in the GS3 User Manual pg. 86 "How to Rewire GS3 with Cubase SX"

Okay, I'll take a look, thanks.

Hi,

I'm also struggling with the multi-disk thing. How exactly did you solve it?

I found a workaround. I downloaded the 30day trial version of Awave Studio, which was able to do the trick:

http://www.fmjsoft.com/awframe.html

A multiformat disk is readable in Windows, so you can load .gig files into GS like normal.

Go Back to forum