• Register
  • Help

Topic: San Jose Ballet to Dance to GPO

Share/Bookmark

San Jose Ballet to Dance to GPO

I am pleased to announce the world premiere of the ballet "MIDDLE KINGDOM — ANCIENT CHINA" by the San Jose Ballet. The groundbreaking performace will coincidewith Chinese New Year. This stunning production has brilliant costumes created in China, choreography by Dennis Nahat and Yong Yao and a commissioned score by Phil Young. Traditional Chinese instruments will be played along with GPO in the production.

Phil Young is a remarkable and gifted composer who's symphonic music has been performed in USA, Germany and China. Phil writes: "The 1st time I heard the GPO sound I grew goosebumps! I've never expected this kind of lushness and the nuance of a life orchestra from sampled sound. On top of the affordability, GPO is making every composer's dream come true! I'm using it as a primary sound element in my music composition for the San Jose Ballet's production 'Middle Kingdom'."

There will be six performances, February 10 - 13, 2005, at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts 255 Almaden Boulevard in San Jose, CA. Tickets are available at the Box Officeor at TicketMaster. More information about the production can be found here.

I hope those in Silicon Valley will have an opporunity to see this ballet extravaganza. Using GPO along with live players is a great use of the library. I'm going to try to make it and perhaps I'll see you there

Gary Garritan.

Thumbs up Re: San Jose Ballet to Dance to GPO

I am quite sure we'll be hearing more of GPO being use in productions like this and more in the near future. GPO is the greatest!
    Styxx

Re: San Jose Ballet to Dance to GPO

Very, very cool.

Congratulations, Gary

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Anyone in San Jose who may want to attend?

If there are tickets left, I will go.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by dewdman42
    If there are tickets left, I will go.
    Fantastic Dewd, I hope you make it. Let me know if I can help with the tickets.

Gary

Go Back to forum