• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is GOS 2 still on the cards?

Share/Bookmark

Is GOS 2 still on the cards?

Garry,

Just wanted to know whether GOS II is still on the cards for development/release?

In particular for Logic (Audio Units which may includes Mac version of Maestro or the new morphing technology) ??

Any news/update on this please?

Regards, Max.

Re: Is GOS 2 still on the cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Max67
    Garry,

Just wanted to know whether GOS II is still on the cards for development/release?

In particular for Logic (Audio Units which may includes Mac version of Maestro or the new morphing technology) ??

Any news/update on this please?

Regards, Max.
    Yes,

GOS2 is still in the cards:

One of the reasons we held off was because of Kontakt2. There are new things we would like to implement now made possibly by Kontakt2. We are still exploring GigaStudio, EXS and Halion as well.

Gary Garritan

Now that image you attached is too impressive!!

Don't you ever sleep Gary? I wasn't expecting any response till tomorrow. Its midday here so it must be late over at your end.... Get some sleep fella!!

Thanks for your reply.... Still looking forward to GOS II !!

Best regards,
    Max.

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Yes,

GOS2 is still in the cards:

One of the reasons we held off was because of Kontakt2. There are new things we would like to implement now made possibly by Kontakt2. We are still exploring GigaStudio, EXS and Halion as well.

Gary Garritan
    [/center]
    Definetly explore the GS3 - I don't know what new functionalities Kontakt2 will have, but to date GS3 is the one for large scale work.
    I hope we won't have to wait too long to see what is in store with GOS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Yes,

Gary Garritan
    I was discussing doing programming for the EXS version but after seeing the news about Kontakt2 Gary and I both agreed to wait and see what Apple does with development. As much of a huge Logic fan I am I can't imagin someone paying several hundred dollars for GOS support because of it being tied to the EXS format. With the release of Redmatica's editor for EXS things just got better at least.

Gary has mentioned that there are features missing from EXS that he needs. So far I find that anything I can do in Kontakt I can do in EXS as far as functionality. Already have I changed some of the GOS1 sounds to not need the midi tool. Kontakt2 with its dual processor fixes means that there will be little need to have to use an EXS format and non L7 users will finally have access to convolution reverb built in.

When and if the time comes for EXS I will gladly lend a hand if needed.
    Chris

Post Re: Is GOS 2 still on the cards?

Hi all,

I am very interested in GOS 2 and as I mentioned here on the forum before, I do hope GOS 2 will be released for Gigastudio.
    Honestly I doubt it a bit cos its pretty obvious where Gary is tending to. All products released since GOS are based on NI players. Personally I haven't had problems with NI (I´m an a Mac) but have 2 dedicated GS machines and as I do all the sequencing and stuff on my Mac, I wouldn't want to run much apps and players beside Logic. On the other hand, I don´t want to abandon one GS machine for the NI stuff. So it´s buy a new computer or let it run along GS.
    No doubt I will purchase GOS 2 because I simply love my GOS. I just hope Gary will consider bringing GOS 2 for GS.
    EXS would be nice too but I see Chris's point here.
    Well, I guess only time will tell.

Best
    Holger
    Holger von Baer

Quote Originally Posted by Beel
    Hi all,

I am very interested in GOS 2 and as I mentioned here on the forum before, I do hope GOS 2 will be released for Gigastudio.
    Honestly I doubt it a bit cos its pretty obvious where Gary is tending to. All products released since GOS are based on NI players. Personally I haven't had problems with NI (I´m an a Mac) but have 2 dedicated GS machines and as I do all the sequencing and stuff on my Mac, I wouldn't want to run much apps and players beside Logic. On the other hand, I don´t want to abandon one GS machine for the NI stuff. So it´s buy a new computer or let it run along GS.
    No doubt I will purchase GOS 2 because I simply love my GOS. I just hope Gary will consider bringing GOS 2 for GS.
    EXS would be nice too but I see Chris's point here.
    Well, I guess only time will tell.

Best
    Holger

Well, I don't run a Mac but other than that I'm in the same boat and I heartily second this. Unless the use of Kompakt II just allows something AMAZING to happen that the lib doesn't work without.

Any suggestions for new features in GOS2?

JW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannot Welter
    Any suggestions for new features in GOS2?

JW.
    I'd like to have velocity (or something) have more control over attack/bowing. I feel like whatever fast bows I'm using (say, the marcatos) I get a lovely up down sound but even playing at an appropriate tempo they are always swelling into a note after I want them to be there. It's the most "synthy" aspect of the whole library. I want a situation where I can go between slow and very aggresive bows while I'm playing detache lines. I feel like I often get more the phrasing I'm looking for out of the AGG patches in the cellos and basses. Also, an ALT EXP version of the Grand Sustains that doesn't sound chipmunky in the high registers. At that point the library would be essentially perfect!!

(BTW, from what I can tell GOS alternating bows are just the best out there.)

Go Back to forum