• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Can't open demos.

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Can't open demos.

I specifically came up on the forum to find out if anyone know why I would have a problem opening demos? All I get are blank pages. If a person sends me his or her mp3 to my AOL email address it downloads and opens fine. From the forum, no. Anyone have insight to this?
    Thanks.
    Styxx

Re: Can't open demos.

Which browser are you using? Could be a browser setting too. Did you try right-clicking as "save as"?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I specifically came up on the forum to find out if anyone know why I would have a problem opening demos? All I get are blank pages. If a person sends me his or her mp3 to my AOL email address it downloads and opens fine. From the forum, no. Anyone have insight to this?
    Thanks.
    Well, it seems to me that you could manage demos last month, so I would suggest trying to remember what configurations or plug ins you (or the gremlins) may have changed. Also, if you are using a pc, go to contol panel, folder options, file types, and see what is checked for mp3 extension. I think you will find a surprise there. But, if you are on a Mac, I have not any idea.

Last thought: perhaps you have had a run of rotten dial up connections?

Richard

Angry Re: Can't open demos.

I just came up with the same problem within the last 2-3 weeks. Control panel selection of mp3 progran ( Windows media player-Nero-IE-) make no difference. Going to an mp3 link just opens up a blank page. "Save as" does download the file and then when opened does play correctly on whatever I select as the correct program - but it's a PIA.

I've looked through the IE options which gives me nothing.

Fred

Added to the above - I'm on a high speed cable connection

Hmmm, all good options I shall follow later today. However, can't we just send up smoke signals?
    Styxx

Unhappy Re: Can't open demos.

Nothing different! No can do. Lousy Internet AOL Microsoft jive cosmic debris! I haven't touched any settings what the heck gives. It's enough to make me drink heavily until I wash me body to paying homage to the porcelain god!
    Styxx

Styxx,

Download Mozilla and see if that helps - http://download.mozilla.org/?product...win&lang=en-US

Or get the latest version of Windows Media Player and Explorer.

Hope that helps.

Gary Garritan

Gary...what are you doing out of Bed!

Get some sleep G!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Red face Re: Can't open demos.

Quicktime does this exact thing, brings up a blank browser window... The thing is.... it IS downloading, but not playing right away. You can tell if you look at the bottom left corner of the browser window (the status bar). It should clue you in on what's happening, though it's not spacific as to when it'll be finished or anything... but when it DOES finish downloading, which may take several minutes (even for me on this T1 line) the quicktime player will slowly pop up in the center of this blank window and you can play it.

That's one possible cause anyways, it could be something else, I hope you figure it out, good luck

Go Back to forum