• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to use Pitch bend wheel instead of Mod wheel?

Share/Bookmark

Question How to use Pitch bend wheel instead of Mod wheel?

Well, folks, I have bitten the bullet and purchased Sonar Producer (upgraded from PA9), and I have played around with GPO enough to hear some of the fantastic sounds. I can now see various GPO players in Sonar. Back to the mod wheel issue, or lack of one on my old Midi keyboard. I did see some files related to using the pitch wheel as a a mod wheel. I was wondering if someone could give me explicit directions as to how to do this, working with Finale as well as Sonar. Some of my questions are:

To where do I install files in order to have the pitch-bend wheel act as a mod wheel?
    Do I need to insert some sort of MIDI data into each track before I record on it, in order to use the pitch-bend wheel as a mod wheel?

Just how do I go about utilizing the pitch-bend wheel instead of the mod wheel, until I can afford to purchase a keyboard that has a mod wheel?

Thanks again in advance for all the help you kind folks have given, Richard

Re: How to use Pitch bend wheel instead of Mod wheel?

http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html

Scroll down, its in the user created downloads section.

Question Re: How to use Pitch bend wheel instead of Mod wheel?

Thanks so much for the link, but is there detailed information as to how to configure a track in Sonar to respond to the pitch-wheel movement? I have SO much to learn about routing MIDI data, ASIO drivers, VSTIs, DXIs, (all new things since I used Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 several years ago). I was hoping someone who used Sonar could give me advice as to how to use the pitch-wheel to transmit modulation data to Sonar, and output the track to GPO, in order for me to record using GPO sounds. Thanks in advance for all your help, Richard

Go Back to forum