• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: HOLY CRAP BATMAN! CHECK OUT THIS NEW ALTIVERB 5

Share/Bookmark

HOLY CRAP BATMAN! CHECK OUT THIS NEW ALTIVERB 5

Re: HOLY CRAP BATMAN! CHECK OUT THIS NEW ALTIVERB 5

That looks cool, how will it sound better than v4 though? New IR's?
    Aaron Clark, C/C++, J2EE, Flash, Perl and PHP programming.
    Logic Pro 7.0.1, G5 1800x2, 3 Gig ram, GPO and GOS lite.
    My site: http://www.clarkaudio.com
    Where I work now: http://www.blinex.com/

Hey Dan,

Is this a VST plugin?

I assume since you are running DP, this will work for macs as well as PC? It probably won't work in Tracktion?

Last year everyone talked about impulses, and I was jealous, since they seemed to be for PC and sounded sooooo nice.

Thanks.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Hey Dan, is this downloadable? I like the pizza picture in the oven section. Will it make Italian white pizza Too?
    Styxx

Too bad its MAC only. Of course, I'm holding off on any purchases until 2007 anyway.

Yup, Altiverb rocks hard! Once you use it (not just conv. reverb - they have great rooms) any other reverb sounds like mud! (Ambience is okay, but actually uses more CPU than Altiverb on my setups)

The cool part is that it has zero latency - I track with it all the time!

I just love the old Altiverb. Don’t know how the new one could be much better. I don’t know though, all those new buttons and knobs, looks a little scary to someone not too adventurous.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hey Dan, is this downloadable? I like the pizza picture in the oven section. Will it make Italian white pizza Too?

OMG, it DOES! It includes a pizza oven *rofl*

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    OMG, it DOES! It includes a pizza oven *rofl*
    I just called Pizza Hut and they know nothing about it, they said it was a NAMM thing or something like that

Just kidding, I agree with Karl "how could it be any better"? This has four different sounds you can access simply by pushing a button (lower left) and instantly that sound is shot into the reverb where you instantly hear the results. These sounds can be anything you have. Another thing as qbert mentioned is the awesome selection of rooms and spaces that Altiverb has. Everything from a soup can to the largest cathedral known to man. I have Giga Studio GS3 Orchestra, which has the G-Pulse convolution reverb and it too is awesome, but Altiverb, well I will definately have to get one. When? I have no idea, but I can't wait. Yes, I believe it is Mac only.

I intend to download the demo and try it out for sure.
    DPDAN

Hi DPDAN,

Do you have any experience with this? Is it something that's freestanding and sits at the end of the audio chain on a PC such that it could grab the dry output from GPO studio and add reverb to whatever is coming through the PC's stereo output? Or is it some sort of effects plug-in that can only be used with another program that hosts effects plug-ins? Or both?

Oops, I just read Joseph (and you) saying it's MAC only. Nevermind.

Go Back to forum