• Register
  • Help

Topic: Session Strings key switch multi-instrument for Halion 3.x

Share/Bookmark

Session Strings key switch multi-instrument for Halion 3.x

Hi,

I just took delivery tonight of PrimeSounds Session Strings for Halion. I bought this very affordable string library after having read favourable opinions on it here on this forum.

Tonight, I have spent an hour or two making key switchable multi instrument fxps for the Session Strings for Halion 3.x. I have uploaded these here: http://members.chello.se/inventions/...%20Strings.zip Please feel free to download them if you have the Session Strings and use Halion.

Each fxp (one for each instrument group) contains the full release sample versions of the instrument, with one articulation assigned to one key. This means that it is now possible to load the complete release sample version of say the contrabass on one Halion channel, and access all articulations from this one instrument by way of key switches.

As I've made these fxps in Halion 3.01 they may or may not be backwards compatible with earlier Halion versions.

Apart from that, it's all quite simple...

All the best,

Magnus

Re: Session Strings key switch multi-instrument for Halion 3.x

Thanks a lot for sharing! I'm planning on buying Session Strings, so I've already saved your zip-file. Thanks.Roy

Quote Originally Posted by precisionsound
    Hi!

Great initiative!
    This will enhance the value even further for HALion 3 users.
    I think you should contact Mi-7 and let them host these, if you want...
    If they can't and you for some reason can't host them anymore Precisionsound will..

Lars
    Hi Lars and Roy!

Lars: Funnily, I did exactly what you suggest at the same time I posted here on the forum, i.e. on January 25. I also attached the fxps to the e-mail message I sent MI-7, but they never got back to me.

If you like, I can resend it to you, but my original message should already be with MI-7. I sent it to their info@ address. Perhaps you could contact them regarding this and let me know what they say.

Roy: Thanks for the thumbs up!

FWIW: If anyone is interested, I also made a similar set of keyswitchable Halion fxps for the Kick-*ss Brass library, which I am more than happy to share.

All the best,

Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by precisionsound
    Yes, please send them to me at info@precisionsound.net
    Keep me informed if you got any response fom Mi-7. If you don't get any response i will talk to them.

Done. And, I still haven't heard from MI-7.

All the best,

Magnus

Magnus,

thanks for your effort.

The samples and sound quality is amazing,
    but the initial programming could have been done better.
    But hey, we can't complain for the price ....

What i feel is still missing is :

* ModWheel control (X-fade between the layers)
    * Staccatto patches lack some kind of alternation
    You get rapidly a "machine gun" effect.

(maybe this can be solved by creating the alternating set of samples by
    using pitchshifted lower & higher samples and using's Halion's
    alternation ?)

However I am not such a programming expert , so it's easier said than done...

JVB.

Any Kontakt gurus around that would do the modwheel and alternation programming? Lars maybe?

Go Back to forum