• Register
  • Help

Topic: Someone please stop me!

Share/Bookmark

Talking Someone please stop me!

Fish Demo is getting more and more insane.
    It is an engineering nightmare now.

I am now at 72 tracks of stereo digital audio. The most prominent of which, is a sample of the potty flushing, re-synthesized through Cam5000 (for that Phi, spiral, and water theme). I constantly have to stop work to laugh. Ironically, my wife had tears in her eyes while listening the other night (she said it was the most beautiful piece I have yet done) but I don’t know if that was the REAL reason for the tears. If true, I will cry too. Seriously though, I am having too much fun with this thing but I need GPO advanced and the new Garyvarius (Strad) to finish. So hurry up G! I gotta have the new toys! (Stradivari would have made carved wooden horses if he knew that a few centuries later, some jerk would use a Strad in such a horrid context ).

If I may borrow the words of my distinguished colleague and friend Styxx:

THE MAN’S NUTS!! GRAB’EM!!!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Talking Re: Someone please stop me!

Borrow away you fish! I'm telling you what a carp! You keep going the way you are and we'll be in on e Whale of a time! (I know, I know, ) OK, no more fish stories.
    I agree with you on the Garystradivari! I could have use it last night along with some of the Jazz lib saxes! So, when we gonna hear this oceanic Titanic whale of a sharks tooth tail?

Stop it or you'll go blind!
    Styxx

Re: Someone please stop me!

Actually the Strad is part of the Phi thing too. Stradivari used Phi to calculate the placement of the holes in his violins.

http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal...rt.html#violin

“Golden sections in Violin construction

The section on "The Violin" in The New Oxford Companion to Music, Volume 2, shows how Stradivari was aware of the golden section and used it to place the f-holes in his famous violins.

Baginsky's method of constructing violins is also based on golden sections.”

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Somebody call for a fish??? Oh, not this fish... Sorry!

El Pescado Toony

El Pescado Toony
    Styxx

Go Back to forum