• Register
  • Help

Topic: Miroslav Philharmonik orchestral plug-in

Share/Bookmark

Miroslav Philharmonik orchestral plug-in

ANyone hear this library? Is it the same sounds as his older orchestral library. This library will be running for $499 in Euros meaning us Canadians are looking at a list price of $800. That's kinda pricey if these sounds are simply a plug-in version of old samples.....

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik orchestral plug-in

Old samples (some unreleased), but probably reconfigured to take advantage of greater sampler capabilities.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

There was a link to a promo pdf on the other thread about this plugin. As wes37 said... old material, and also some unreleased material. Also, there was mention of glissandi, and other things realized with the help of the sampler engine, which includes timestretching and other things.

There should probably be more info at www.ikmultimedia.com

I've heard the older samples....not great. I'm glad I pre-ordered the Gold Pro upgrade. From the stuff that came out of NAMM, it appears to be the best choice for my compositional needs. And I hear that the Qlegato patches from EWQLSC are to die for. This bodes well for the Qlegato patches in Gold Pro!!!

I'm so anxious to hear demos from the Gold Pro library..or heck, the EWQLSC too!

The older samples don't sound very good because they were configured for samplers that were FAR less capable. I'm not promoting anything (other than GPO and EWQLSO Gold ), I'm just saying that the jury should be out until we can hear the new product...it might be better than you might think.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    The older samples don't sound very good because they were configured for samplers that were FAR less capable. I'm not promoting anything (other than GPO and EWQLSO Gold ), I'm just saying that the jury should be out until we can hear the new product...it might be better than you might think.
    Actually Wes, I'm hoping it sucks. I pretty much spent my music budget on Gold and Gold Pro for the next year and I'd rather not be tempted by the taste of nuts and honey...er, other sample orchestral libraries. Sorry, I regressed back to my Saturday-cartoon-watching childhood....

I like old the Miroslav string sound. It's quite intimate and lyrical.

- Mikko

Quote Originally Posted by dcoscina
    Sorry, I regressed back to my Saturday-cartoon-watching childhood....
    You actually stopped watching cartoons on saturday morn?!
    Not me

Quote Originally Posted by lumpyhed
    You actually stopped watching cartoons on saturday morn?!
    Not me
    Yeah. I'm 36 now and enjoy sleeping in on weekends. Otherwise I'm writing music on EWQLSO Gold (nice plug eh). Cannot wait for Gold Pro.....

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/2937.html

There's some information about it. I'm looking forward the demos.

Go Back to forum