• Register
  • Help

Topic: A couple of announcements of my own

Share/Bookmark

A couple of announcements of my own

1. Anyone who is in or near Bloomington, Indiana this Saturday night (Jan. 29) is invited to a concert by the Bloomington Symphony Orchestra, where they will be reviving "Irresistible Force," a piece I wrote for them in 1987.

They are celebrating their 35th (I think) season, and as part of that, they are devoting this concert to various pieces that have been written for them over the last 35 years. Some interesting music will be heard!

The concert will be at 7:30 at Bloomington North High School, wherever that is. If you're coming, let me know and I'll see if I can get you free tickets!

2. This afternoon, I finally finished my Second Piano Concerto! About time, too, since the premiere date is now less than 6 weeks away!

You're invited to that, too. The performance is March 5, at 7:30, in Tilson Auditorium, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana. The Terre Haute Symphony will be playing, conducted by David Bowden, and my fabulous wife, Martha, will be the soloist.

I've been working in this since last May. I think it's one of the best pieces I've ever done.

I have a GPO version of the first movement, and will soon have versions of the rest of it. Haven't posted it yet, but I will soon, and I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks for reading! Wish me luck.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: A couple of announcements of my own

Congratulations! I'd love to go if I lived anywhere near there . . . but I don't.

I look forward to hearing the GPO version of the concerto!

Congrats, again! I hope you enjoy the performance. I tip my hat to you.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thumbs up Re: A couple of announcements of my own

It's really fantastic to hear great announcements like this! I feel as if finally people who work hard at their music and musicianship are being recognized and appreciated. Makes me proud to know you even if we are just members of this great forum community. I wish you the world of luck, longevity and prosperity with your work Dan. Break a leg!
    Styxx

Congratulations Dan - both on the performance of your piece and the completion of the second piano concerto. I'd really enjoy going to see the premiere - hoping there's a way I can make it to Indiana in early March. Again congratulations.

Yes, much Congratulations!
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    1. Anyone who is in or near Bloomington, Indiana this Saturday night (Jan. 29) is invited to a concert by the Bloomington Symphony Orchestra, where they will be reviving "Irresistible Force," a piece I wrote for them in 1987.

They are celebrating their 35th (I think) season, and as part of that, they are devoting this concert to various pieces that have been written for them over the last 35 years. Some interesting music will be heard!

The concert will be at 7:30 at Bloomington North High School, wherever that is. If you're coming, let me know and I'll see if I can get you free tickets!

2. This afternoon, I finally finished my Second Piano Concerto! About time, too, since the premiere date is now less than 6 weeks away!

You're invited to that, too. The performance is March 5, at 7:30, in Tilson Auditorium, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana. The Terre Haute Symphony will be playing, conducted by David Bowden, and my fabulous wife, Martha, will be the soloist.

I've been working in this since last May. I think it's one of the best pieces I've ever done.

I have a GPO version of the first movement, and will soon have versions of the rest of it. Haven't posted it yet, but I will soon, and I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks for reading! Wish me luck.
    How exciting for you Dan....the very best of luck with it. I just love concertos so I look forward to hearing your piano one!!

regards

Frank

This is great Dan. Will your wife play piano on the GPO mock up? Good luck.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum