• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gary - GOS2

Share/Bookmark

Gary - GOS2

Hi Gary - I have mentioned this in many other threads, but i'm afraid you might have a hard time reading them all up.

What we have seen with your new morphing technology is very sweet indeed. But what also impressed me was how the violin interprited what was played. I have no clue how it was done, but im telling you - This needs to be done for the whole string ensemble.

I dont know what your plans are with GOS2, but with the dawn of synth/sample hybrid technology I think it would be a real shame not to take advantage of it. I find myself less and less interested in regular samples now, no matter how well they are programmed. Take for instance the new Kirk Hunter library -it just has not sparked my interest becuase essentialy its "just" an alternative to GOS, SISS, VLS, EWQLSO Strings and so on. So far VSL seem to not be interested in this new hybrid tecnology, and others have just released or will soon release standard sample libreries and arent likely to shift to a new technology soon. But thing is I dont care how good the individual sample sounds, when you have all the liberaries above then a new regular liberary just isent hot.

But DAMN Gary - GOS2 using this technology to automaticaly interprit what is played would simply be amazing - and I for one hope and count of you to deliver us the next quantum leap (pardon the pun) in sample liberaries give us the tools we as composers need. Organic strings - without needing 8 tracks

Thanks for reading

PS: Check to see who hit the 45.000 We are some people there hoping to get your new strad

Re: Gary - GOS2

A friendly little *bump*

Marcussen,

Jeannot demoed some of GOS2 at the NAMM show. Many people like what they heard.

I mentioned in another thread that we have been waiting for some announcements with the samplers. What I was refering to was Kontakt2 and possibly Giga3.1. Kontakt2 is amazing. We will be able to incorporate MaestroTools right in the sampler and also incorporate impulses. There are also more amazing features.

We will post more information soon.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Marcussen,

What I was refering to was Kontakt2 and possibly Giga3.1. Kontakt2 is amazing. We will be able to incorporate MaestroTools right in the sampler and also incorporate impulses. There are also more amazing features.

drooling...

Any release date for GOS2 or GPO Advanced?

From Garritan.com:

GPO
    ADVANCED
    Announcing: Garritan Personal Orchestra ADVANCED Version

GPO ADVANCED version will includs many new features and many new instruments. There are more solo strings (violins, violas, cellos and basses) from which users can create string orchestras, symphonic bands, sections or orchestras of any size from individual instruments as well as play divisi or separate parts. There are new string articulations such as harmonics, col legno, non-vibrato, string effects and more. There are more brass (including ProjectSAM samples), percussion and woodwind instruments as well as more lesser-known specialty orchestral instruments, such as a cimbasso, Wagner Tubas, mellophone and more. The Advanced version follows the same concepts as Personal Orchestra - easy to use, with advanced programming for real-time expressive control of instruments. Expected early 2006.

Yummie!!!

Go Back to forum