• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: NAMM…MY FEET NEVER HURT SO GOOD

Share/Bookmark

NAMM…MY FEET NEVER HURT SO GOOD

Haven’t had a chance to catch up on all the posts since I left for CA last Tuesday, but it’s not hard to imagine the words that have been uttered about the show.

It is huge. For example there are 527 booths that are pushing electric guitars. There are literally thousands of booths all together..

I got to spend most of my time at Gary’s booth. I always enjoy chatting about GPO and its brothers and sisters, and I was as happy as a pig in … talking about them to so many interested folks.

OK OK what about the new products? The violin is simply wonderfully violinish. If you think the video is good, you should play with it. It’s just wonderful.

There was an incredible interest in the big band. The smiles of amazement by those hearing the demos were just about unanimous. Our hero Tom Hopkins played the brass samples and they were amazing. Everyone was wowed by the high notes of the trumpet.

To give you some idea of completeness of the library; there were 15 different saxes sampled.

I could only spend 2 days at NAMM, but it was so great to finely meet Gary, Tom Jeff, Don and so many others that have brought GPO, GOS, Overture and the coming libraries to life.

Gary is sure a man of action. If you see a blur go by and hear a sonic boom just after, you can be sure it was Gary going to or coming from a meeting.

There are great things coming, and everyone has a right to be excited about the future.

I’m at a friend’s computer without a spell checker, so forgive any blunders. Will write more on Tuesday when I return home to snowy PA.

Cheers to you all,

Karl

Re: NAMM…MY FEET NEVER HURT SO GOOD

Karl, I'll forgo telling you how envious, jealous, and ultimately mad that you got to attend NAMM while I sit here thousands of miles from there and can only imagine the excitement there. Oh wait, I just did. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and thanks for spilling the beans about there being 15 different saxes sampled.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Karl, I'll forgo telling you how envious, jealous, and ultimately mad that you got to attend NAMM while I sit here thousands of miles from there and can only imagine the excitement there. Oh wait, I just did. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and thanks for spilling the beans about there being 15 different saxes sampled.
    Karl,
    I totally "ditto" what Joseph has said - I would LOVE to go to NAMM just once. It would be great.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Karl,
    I totally "ditto" what Joseph has said - I would LOVE to go to NAMM just once. It would be great.

Jerry
    Once is about all it takes to get over it...
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    Once is about all it takes to get over it...
    You got that right!
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

I went to the one in Nashville a couple years ago and walked away with endorsements from ESP Guitars and EMG Pickups. I also got a kick ~~~~~ deal on a Randall bass amp. If it ever comes back to Nashville (not likely) I will gladly go again!!!
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

I've been to the Summer show in Nashville. It was fun but the great new gear is always at the Winter show.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Haven’t had a chance to catch up on all the posts since I left for CA last Tuesday, but it’s not hard to imagine the words that have been uttered about the show.

It is huge. For ...............to snowy PA.

Cheers to you all,

Karl
    Thanks a lot for sharing that with us Karl....the first insight into what went on and what's coming on!

Frank

Shoot...If Gary and co. are goming to be at the Summer NAMM I would like to go. Perhaps I will.
    Chris

Where is the summer NAMM show going to be?

Dan

Go Back to forum