• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sonata for Piano No. 2, op. 14, I. Allegro

Share/Bookmark

Sonata for Piano No. 2, op. 14, I. Allegro

Here is the just completed first movement for my new Sonata for Piano No. 2. Hope you like!

I. Allegro
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Re: Sonata for Piano No. 2, op. 14, I. Allegro

I have listened to a lot of the Neo-classic music of Prokofiev, and to an extent Bartok. This piece is loosely based on Hindemith's 12 note tonal counterpoint and standard counterpoint. The next two movements will take it even further into the Hindemith style of writing.

Thanks for listening!
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    Not sure if this is right as ill have to look it up once more its been so long. Wasn't Hindemith very interested in the really early stages of electronic music? Or was it shoenberg?? Hmm need a history re read! Anyway thanks again I listened again.
    Ha I am not the only fool who writes classical piano sonatas)...though not 12tone, major and minor and all that. OI Shoenberg was wack he though that God had given him the gift to write the most scientific music etc...mathematics gallor, heck the guy even wrote that way in his letters like math LOL 12tone! I still haven't figured out how to use GPO Piano right as pedal and non pedal in the piano score....
    elctronic music and use of silence that's John Cage. I don't remember Paul Hindemith doing anything with electronic music at all.
    oh Keep up the piano music!

Hi Jess!

What a lovely piece! If you do plan to release the sheet music, I'd be very intested... it would make some excellent study material!

gr,
    Jim.
    Jim Offerman
    www.jimofferman.nl

I may post the music when i have completed Movements II. and III.

Thanks for your comments everyone!
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

hey thanks for the heads up on the piano usage in GPO I must be brain dead.
    so the piano will behave correctly for Sluring and the sustain?
    I should say I have composed 12 tone music before and seirlism...but tend to write Vienna Style Classicalism more when I compose classical music styles on my own...Thanks again

Yeah, this was definitely a very enjoyable listen, very interesting application of modern sound with the past...

Thanks for the comments, guys! There will be two more movements coming in short order and I hopr everyone checks them out as well.
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

So, this is GPO piano? Wow! Very nice expression and dynamics.
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

Thanks! I can't take much credit for the expression. Sometimes Finale's Human Playback function works nicely! I can't wait to get into the second movement. I have gotten a really good response from this.
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast