• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Two Socks Remix

Share/Bookmark

Two Socks Remix

Hi people. I decided to remix Dances With Wolves "Two Socks - The Wolves Theme". I lowered the room size of the reverb and centered the solo instruments more. Also, tried to fix some of the oboe notes that sounded boastful or whatever. Added Violin Section II as well and fixed the bass overlapping. Please let me know what you think.
    I did this just for grins trying to take away the stress of programming my show.
    Thanks.
    http://www.twinzzapstudio21.com/Demo...SocksReMix.mp3
    Styxx

Re: Two Socks Remix

Hello Styxx,

this is very very nice. Oh, I liked this music since I saw the film and when I heard your piece I remembered all the pictures of that great movie.

You did a very good job. IMHO the remix sounds even better than your first version of this song.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Best regards
    Rainer

WOW Styxx!

beautiful!!!!!!!
    the changes are wonderful, don't change a thing!
    DPDAN

Yeah, what he said.

Beautiful and moving. Excellent work on the winds.

I've always loved this theme since I heard it in the movie. It is very moving. Styxx, imho, you have done an amazing job in capturing the mood and feel of the original. My only criticism would be that some of the ensemble strings sounds a little "synthy". Ach, what am I saying? It's awesome!! The flute is perfectly mixed and the overall piece is just fantastic!

Nice work and thanks for sharing!

Kin

WOW! Even better than the last post. You can really hear all that's going on here without the extra reverb. Nice re-mix!

Regards,

Tim

STyxx,

The windy wooos and the strings do toooos
    The brass boo booos and the harpy hooos....(WHAT?? )

I don't recall hearing such a beautiful and perfect flute part. It is just sooooo sensitively played and programmed and tweaked. If it took you some time then it was truly worth it and shows your respectful appreciation and admiration of John Barry's music. The whole structure and balance and tone is just so good.....I just can't wait until I'm good enough to better it! I'm amazed that someone with such a good sense of humour could do this from memory

Seriously though, what reverb is this?

Seriously though, You must concentrate on the Wizard of Oz work......You must concentrate on the Wizard of Oz work......

regards

Frank

Great work Styxx! Very insightful to hear the improvements over the first version you posted.

I see only problem with it: now you can't go around anymore and tell people that you can't mix
    Jim Offerman
    www.jimofferman.nl

I'm glad you all liked it. It started out as just a chiller to break the monotony of what I normally do. (Did I use the word, "Normal" here?)
    Frank, if you don't stop it you'll go blind! So far you've made me wet my pants twice and my wife is starting to sleep on the sofa at night now! The reverb is in Cubase SE. It's labled "Reverb B" and has some control over room size, wet mix, dry mix, cake mix, and muffin mix. I used the muffin mix but it came out too dryee so I added a little cake mix and got a nice moist sound.
    As for the mix, after hearing how DPDAN and Haydn's mixes and others treat their mixes I figured it was time to get serious. ("Serious", did I just use another word not familiar to my vocabulary?) Geezzz, I better take a vacation to Disney World cause I @#%$ Goofy!
    Due to the severe weather conditions and cold temperatures, I have the day off from youth theatre! Time to get caught up on some serious (there's that word again) music.
    Styxx

STyxx,

The windy wooos and the strings do toooos
    The brass boo booos and the harpy hooos....(WHAT?? )

Thanks for the reverb info....this result makes me wonder if all the convolution stuff is really necessary.

Great Mick's is don't just happen.

Frank

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast