• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EASTWEST NAMM ANNOUNCEMENTS

Share/Bookmark

EASTWEST NAMM ANNOUNCEMENTS

EASTWEST NAMM ANNOUNCEMENTS

NAMM (Annaheim, California, January 20, 2005)

EASTWEST announced the following at the NAMM 2005 winter trade show today -

The release next month of QUANTUM LEAP COLOSSUS
    (more info here - http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...tml?sku=EW-164)

Discount of 30% for owners of Voices of the Apocalyse to the EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC CHOIRS (link will be posted shortly)

Discount of 30% for owners of Rare Instruments to QUANTUM LEAP RA (link will be posted shortly)

A NAMM show sale, that is also available on our website, details here -
    http://www.soundsonline.com/nammsale.shtml (sale only lasts until monday - promo code namm2005 - some items available on the show floor are not available online)

Both COLOSSUS and RA will ship next month, EWQLSC will ship in March.

NAMM LIVE DEMOS -

Quantum Leap has separate demo stations for COLOSSUS, EWQL SYMPHONIC CHOIRS, and RA.

TOONTRACK are doing live demos with DFH SUPERIOR and the upcoming SUPERIOR VINTAGE & CUSTOM.

UEBERSCHALL are doing live demos of their new LIQUID SAX and LIQUID BASS Virtual Instruments.

Other Virtual Instruments can be auditioned on an Open Labs system.

Those attending NAMM, please visit the EASTWEST booth (#6630 - Hall A) for demos of these and other new releases from our partners.

Re: EASTWEST NAMM ANNOUNCEMENTS

Clever East West Business Goal -- to get each Northern Sounds member to spend at least US $995 in 2005!!

- $995 EWQLSO Gold Pro
    - $995 COLOSSUS
    - $995 EWQL SYMPHONIC CHOIRS
    - $995 Quantum Leap RA

What a COLOSSUS surprise.......it's about time someone did a new, luxury GM!

Frank

As much as Colossus sounds interesting, at $1k it seems a bit steep for a jack of all trades library (I think Ilio had something similar some time ago as well, but not as big).

Considering that for that price one could get his sweaty little hands on an iBook complete with Garage Band and a hefty built-in library of several gigs it doesn't seem to be as appealing. For an extra $300, one could add all of the extra Apple Jam Packs and pretty much be set for most of their production needs.

Once again, I wonder who the audience for this is?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

The 30% off for old custumers is a nice break. Thanks!

This is exactly what I have been waiting for.
    Basically a Giant 5080/triton with mulitmode and effects and MUCH better samples underneath.

I agree with an earlier post that EW might reconsider ever using the GM label for it.
    When I read it was GM I skipped right past the rest of the info.

GM = not for me - move along.

The fact that more than one potential buyer had that reaction on the FIRST DAY it was announced might be cause for pause at EW.
    Seriously Doug - think about that as we have your back on this.

The price is a bit steeper than I would have figured on.
    But if Soundsonline does a 35% off super sale on it at some point I would have to pull out the old CC and order.

On another note - EW is going to have to start thinking about allowing even more authorizations for their products. It's getting to the point were we are going to start adding more PC's to handle all this stuff.!

I'd also like to thank nick and doug for helping me decide what model new car I am going to get this year....... NONE!!
    They just took $2100 out my pocket
    (RA + EWQLSO pro + Colossus less 30% = OUCH!)

I'm not understanding this completely, are a lot of these sounds from other EW or QL libraries?

Which libraries are the orchestral, pop brass, ethnic sounds from? Is the pop brass new or is it from QL Brass?

My question essentially is, for people with say Gold, RA, QL Choirs, would collosus just duplicate a lot of these sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by panzerD
    I'm not understanding this completely, are a lot of these sounds from other EW or QL libraries?

Which libraries are the orchestral, pop brass, ethnic sounds from? Is the pop brass new or is it from QL Brass?

My question essentially is, for people with say Gold, RA, QL Choirs, would collosus just duplicate a lot of these sounds?
    Orchestral instruments are from EWQLSO, Pop Brass is from QL Brass - however we went back to the original recordings, which sounded much better than the previously released Akai and Giga versions, and re-programmed everything from scratch, it sounds a lot better (great in fact!) using today's sampling technology, Choirs are from VOTA, Ethnic is from RI and RA. Colossus also has 15 Gigs of brand new sounds, and for those that are looking for an all-in one solution works out about $6 an instrument! The included full version of our award-winning Steinway B for example used to cost $199 on it's own. Plus, we have a new Fazioli in there as well and 158 more instruments, all high-quality with 'expression' built in.

The rack-mount version will have a MSRP of $2,495 and a street price of $1,995. It includes 1.25GB of ram and plays COLOSSUS flawlessly.

A great on the road or studio solution, and the best quality sounds offered in any hardware rack-mount unit.

Compare COLOSSUS to what you get in your standard keyboard workstation and you will quickly discover there really is no comparison.

The 'stars' that attended our booth on the first day of NAMM have already placed their order for a rack-mount version for live touring. We also took a lot of orders for the software version.

- Doug

Doug,

count me in for the rack. An idea that's long overdue.

How many rack spaces?
    How deep?
    what's the weight?

With airlines being ridiculous these days the above are all important factors.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ed hamilton
    Doug,

count me in for the rack. An idea that's long overdue.

How many rack spaces?
    How deep?
    what's the weight?

With airlines being ridiculous these days the above are all important factors.

thanks!
    2U rack mountable, it's light.

- Doug

Go Back to forum