• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Announcing Quantum Leap COLOSSUS

Share/Bookmark

Announcing Quantum Leap COLOSSUS

QUANTUM LEAP COLOSSUS

RELEASE SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 28, 2005

COLOSSUS is the first SUPER HIGH QUALITY complete sound set ever created, and includes 160 instruments (approx. $6 an instrument)!

COLOSSUS is a massive 32 Gigabyte (not Megabyte) Virtual Instrument that covers all of the basic musical genres, the way a keyboard workstation attempts to, except COLOSSUS offers much higher quality instruments and dynamics than any keyboard available today.

COLOSSUS is an indispensable tool that you will reach for time and time again when nothing else works, it will become your Swiss army knife of composing, and it’s also GM compatible!

You can expect the usual QUANTUM LEAP quality in COLOSSUS. Even if you own some of these instruments, you will love this collection. A good example is the Fender Rhodes. Despite the fact the Rhodes has been sampled many times, COLOSSUS includes a unique vintage sounding Rhodes you won’t find anywhere else.

COLOSSUS includes 15 Gigs of new sounds recorded at Ocean Way Studio B (24-bit), a new 2 Gig piano recorded in Europe, and 15 Gigs from the award-winning range of QUANTUM LEAP and EASTWEST titles, all newly programmed with superior sound quality due to the features and improved audio quality of the included Native Instruments KOMPAKT player.

Programming is kept very simple, and programs that utilize the mod-wheel are labeled appropriately. All programs have CC11 as an additional volume control. Many programs utilize auto sample alternation for added realism.

For touring musicians, this is the ultimate instrument to have on the road or in a club, in fact, EASTWEST is also releasing a hardware rack-mount version of COLOSSUS called COLOSSUS LIVE.

COLOSSUS has incredible instruments of every type (check out the complete list at the bottom of this page), for song-writing, filmscoring, multi-media production, in the studio, or on stage, COLOSSUS is an indespensible tool that has you completely covered.

VIRTUAL INSTRUMENT CONTENTS

DRUMS/PERCUSSION
    Country Drumkits, Electronic Drumkits, Ethnic percussion, Funk Drumkits, Hip Hop Kits, Jazz Drumkits, Rock Drumkits, Standard Percussion, Studio Drumkits, Taiko Drums

GUITAR FAMILY 60’s
    Guitars, 66 Silvertone Bass, 72 Rickenbacker Bass, Acoustic Guitars, Banjo, Blues Guitars, Distorted Guitars, Electric Sitar, Fender Bass, Fender Guitars, Fretless Bass, Hawaiian Guitar, Jazz Guitars, Lakland Rock Bass, Lapsteel, Mandolin, Nylon Guitar, PRS Guitars, Rockabilly Guitar, Slap Bass, Stingray Bass, Surf Guitar, Ukelele, Upright Basses

ETHNIC
    Agogo Bells, Bagpipes, Cora, Didjeridoo, Duduk, Dulcimer, Erhu, Fiddle, Irish Low Whistle, Kalimba, Koto, Mid-East Strings, Ney Flute, Ocarina, Pan Flute, Sarangi, Shakuhachi, Shamisen, Shehnai, Sitar, Thai Gong, Uilleann Pipes

KEYBOARD/MALLET
    Accordian, Celeste, Church Organs, Concertina, Glockenspiel, Harpsichord, Marimba, Music Box, Reed Organ, Tango Accordian, Vibraphone, Xylophone

ORCHESTRA
    Bassoon, Brass Section, Cello, Clarinet, Concert Harp, Contrabass, English Horn, Flute, French Horn, Oboe, Orchestra Hits, Orchestral Strings, Piccolo, Pizzicato Strings, String Ensembles, Timpani, Tremelo Strings, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Tubular Bells, Viola, Violin

PIANO/E.PIANO
    Clavinet, CP-80, DX-7, Fazioli F308 Grand Piano, GS-1 Programs, Honky Tonk, Rhodes MKV, Chuck Monte, Steinway B Grand Piano

POP BRASS
    3 Trumpets, Alto Saxes, Bari Saxes, Flugel Horn, Pop/Jazz Trumpets, Salsa Trumpets, Soprano Saxes, Trombones, Tubas

CHOIRS
    (extensive vowels with crossfading) Men’s Choir, Women’s Choir

VINTAGE ORGANS
    B3 Organs, Farfisa Organs, Vox Continental Organs

NEW AGE ENSEMBLES
    (Inspiring ethno ethereal soundscapes)

STORMDRONE
    (3 Gigs of dark atmospheres with morphing)

SYNTH BASSES
    (with morphing)

SYNTH LEADS
    (with morphing)

SYNTH PADS
    (with morphing)

Those attending NAMM - we are demonstrating COLOSSUS all day every day at booth#6630 (Hall A).

MORE INFO HERE -
    http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...tml?sku=EW-164

Re: Announcing Quantum Leap COLOSSUS

With General MIDI being the bottom of the barrel, why even mention it here?

I found that as I read those words, I suddenly want to skip on to something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    With General MIDI being the bottom of the barrel, why even mention it here?

I found that as I read those words, I suddenly want to skip on to something else...
    Because it's convenient for a lot of users and this is not the usual lo-fi associated with GM in the past.

The library functions completely independant of GM also.

- Doug

Originally Posted by Bill

With General MIDI being the bottom of the barrel, why even mention it here?"

Because if Nick and Doug put it out, it ain't the expected?

With all the stuff I have sitting around, something like this would still be very welcome...sounds great Doug!

Any idea of price on the hardware version? There are no details at that link.

I'm very interested in that: sounds like the ideal combination of the high quality sounds one can usually only get from software, with the stability and ruggedness necessary for live performance.

160 instruments x $6 per instrument = about $1k.

-JF

Oh the figure of $995 is there on the site, that's no problem. But I read that as applying only to the software version. Presumeably there'd be a different price for the rackmount?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch that hurts
    Oh the figure of $995 is there on the site, that's no problem. But I read that as applying only to the software version. Presumeably there'd be a different price for the rackmount?
    The rack-mount version will have a MSRP of $2,495 and a street price of $1,995. It includes 1.25GB of ram and plays COLOSSUS flawlessly.

A great on the road or studio solution, and the best quality sounds offered in any hardware rack-mount unit.

Compare COLOSSUS to what you get in your standard keyboard workstation and you will quickly discover there really is no comparison (quality or price).

- Doug

Wow, this looks like a beauty! Gotta start combing the parking lots for pennies I guess.

If the sounds are as good as what we've come to expect from QL releases then this will fill a huge void for software samplers. I think a lot of composers who dont play live don't realize how much small or one man band's rely on GM, and there hasn't been a really good GM library. The GM500 sounds aren't nearly as good as the GM sounds in my Motif ES, and to my knowledge GM500 is the best GM library out there.

I'm still skeptical about relying on a pc for live work though. Doug, is the rackmount version a custom pc that will require a monitor? Or will it have its own small screen with a separate gui for using the module (like a Fantom Rack or Motif Rack)?

Go Back to forum