• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New song with GOS.

Share/Bookmark

New song with GOS.

THis uses alot of the GOS short bow basses (beefed like crazy with low end), and violins, and some of the backing violins. It also uses LOTS of the G-Town persuccion which i wouldnt have if i didnt have GOS

One thing to fix is the BAD phrasing in the violin after the percussion groove starts. Once the backing piccolo comes in its fine though.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=293362&T=8379

Enjoy!

Re: New song with GOS.

Kanjika, that's some nice music, I really like it.
    I can't wait to use GOS!
    If you don't mind me hi-jacking your thread here for just a bit, maybe you could help me...

I just received GOS the other day, and I read the whole manual and installed it late last night. Today I sent the registration info to Gary and they immediately send me the serial number for Maestro Tools.
    According to Gary's website, the serial number is required in order to use Maestro Tools. Unfortunately, I see no place to enter the serial number. If you can help me out that would be great! Everyone that I know of to ask is at the Namm show.

Thank you in advance if you can help me.

DPDAN

New blood in the GOS forum!! YAY!! This sounds really, really good. You get better slides out of the violin than I have, that's for sure. Can't wait to hear more!

Fermata got my Maestro Tools problem figured out, thanks Fermata

DPDAN

Its funny that i dont even use maestro tools with GOS. I manually program up-downbows (not too difficult) and legato (which is harder ). The reason is that the kontakt VST inside FL 5 with maestro tools dont go together particularly well (bet you thought the reason was that i was crazy lol ). The real loss is not being able to use portamento really, but i can substitute some of that with the slide up patches, or layer it with Synful for a better effect.

Anyway, the final version should have more GOS. The short bows right now are layered with the EWQLSO ones. The GOS basses have a wonderful, crisp, woody sound, and with the low end that you get with the SO basses they make such an aggressive combo. Same with the cellos.

I am just today going through the sounds. The plethora of variations is stunning, but necessary if one wants to duplicate string sections with any kind of realism.

I am going to love GOS, well....., I already do!

Thank you Kanjika!
    DPDAN

Quote Originally Posted by Kanjika
    The GOS basses have a wonderful, crisp, woody sound, and with the low end that you get with the SO basses they make such an aggressive combo. Same with the cellos.
    IMO the cellos and basses are the secret weapon of GOS. They have such bite and tone. I luv 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    IMO the cellos and basses are the secret weapon of GOS. They have such bite and tone. I luv 'em!
    I was impressed with them moreso than the actual violins. Who knew?

Those violins are great though!
    DPDAN

Yea i like the violins. GOS is like the only library with nice laid back violin short bows rather than these super aggressive stabs, and its got articualtions which full libaries w/ brass, woodwinds and percussion leave out.

Thumbs up Re: New song with GOS.

Very nice track, Jonathan! Glad there's another GOS/GPO-er showing off an AcidPlanet. (That place needs more symphonic/cinematic folks who aren't doing things with "loops".)

great job! KevinKauai

Go Back to forum