• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga vs Kompakt vs SampleTank vs Proteus X

Share/Bookmark

Giga vs Kompakt vs SampleTank vs Proteus X

If you had no sample library which sampler/ROMpler ships with the best/most comprehensive library?

I have Kompakt and Kontakt, and the included content is of pretty good quality. I also have EWQLS Orch and GPO.

I'm considering upgrading my GigaStudio to V3 Orch, but it seems like it's mostly demo content and I'm not sure that I'd adding anything to my sonic arsenal that I don't already have.

I also have the EMU 1820M and I could upgrade to Proteus X for a mere $99. Again, I've got not real idea of the quality of the included content there.

I'm hoping that one of the sample-heads out there could provide a bit of a round up.

Thanks,
    J

Re: Giga vs Kompakt vs SampleTank vs Proteus X

I think you are asking the wrong question. I think the more correct questions are:
    - which sampler satisfies your needs?
    - does the sampler have 3rd party libraries that you want?

In the case of GigaStudio and Kontakt, those included libraries are primariliy there to:
    - give you an initial set of samples to use, so you have something to play
    - provide a 'teaser' to get you to buy 3rd party libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    In the case of GigaStudio and Kontakt, those included libraries are primariliy there to:
    - give you an initial set of samples to use, so you have something to play
    - provide a 'teaser' to get you to buy 3rd party libraries.
    I don't know about GS, but with Kontakt this is so true! You just use them thinking : "F*ck! This sucks! I need to get the full version..."

Same with Giga 3 Orchestra content really. There's some usable samples, don't get me wrong, but I'd hate to have to base my work on what's there. You'd be limiting your orchestrations quite a bit. I wouldn't base my decisions on included content. Neither offer much in the way of usable samples.

Go Back to forum