• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone have trouble using GPO Studio and Tracktion?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone have trouble using GPO Studio and Tracktion?

Howdy folks!

I have been playing with Tracktion and love it to death! I have no problems using GPO as VST in Tracktion, but when I use GPO Studio, things get kind of weird.
    Its not in the setting it up and all, that is easy. The problems happen when I want to record. My first track will be just fine. NO problem. But then it seems that when I am recording a second track (on channel 2 for instance) while the first track is playing back, my notes (especially lengthy ones) get cut off - as if i am running out of polyphony or something. (And no - I am not using the same voice for two separate tracks - one was flute and the other was violin) I know that CAN'T be the case since I have GPO Studio's settings way more Ram and CPU friendly than the standard Full resolution VST is. It doesn't do this when using GPO as VST, just when I try to use GPO Studio.
    It is almost as if even though the two tracks are playing two separate channels, since they are on the same instance of GPO studio (Player 1) notes get cancelled out by other played in the other channel.

Any hints?

I know that Joseph said he would look into this - but I thought I might give it more exposure as a unique thread.
    Obviously using GPO studio would be better for me in some cases - mostly because GPO as VST is at full 44k resolution - and even with freezing tracks in a large score, my poor cpu can only handle so much!

Also - has anyone noticed that the Ambience VST plugin's settings for "Ballroom1" are different than GPO Studio's Ambience "Ballroom 1"?

Thanks for your help!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: Anyone have trouble using GPO Studio and Tracktion?

I have only managed to get the first channel to work. The others are silence.

Björn

Re: Anyone have trouble using GPO Studio and Tracktion?

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrom
    I have only managed to get the first channel to work. The others are silence.

Björn
    Hi Björn,
    I am not sure you have done this, but if you have not recorded anything yet, and want to set up things, you have to select the track, (on the left so it is red) and then underneath, where you see "insert a new clip" select "insert new midi clip" and a clip appears in the track. select that track and underneath you will see a channel selector slider - select whatever channel you have the instrument in. It should work that way. It works for me.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum