• Register
  • Help

Topic: G-Pulse or Altiverb? That is the question.

Share/Bookmark

G-Pulse or Altiverb? That is the question.

Well, after auditioning G-Pulse last night and playing around with automation controlling the settings from Digital Performer to G-Pulse, I can say that I will not be missing the Altiverb at all. Certainly nothing wrong with Altiverb, but the possibilities with regard to control over G-Pulse is like a farmer on his farm,.... outstanding in it's field!

Can you tell I'm excited?
    I am sending a (stereo aux send) from DP via a MOTU 828 MKII (ADAT lightpipe out) to the RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652 soundcard. This routing takes the stereo Aux signal from DP and goes to G-Pulse,.... then G-Pulse goes back out another stereo pair back into the MOTU 828 and finally lands back in a stereo aux return in DP. The latency is so little I couldn't believe it, thanks in large part to the RME card I guess!

DPDAN

Re: G-Pulse or Altiverb? That is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Well, after auditioning G-Pulse last night and playing around with automation controlling the settings from Digital Performer to G-Pulse, I can say that I will not be missing the Altiverb at all. Certainly nothing wrong with Altiverb, but the possibilities with regard to control over G-Pulse is like a farmer on his farm,.... outstanding in it's field!

Can you tell I'm excited?
    I am sending a (stereo aux send) from DP via a MOTU 828 MKII (ADAT lightpipe out) to the RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652 soundcard. This routing takes the stereo Aux signal from DP and goes to G-Pulse,.... then G-Pulse goes back out another stereo pair back into the MOTU 828 and finally lands back in a stereo aux return in DP. The latency is so little I couldn't believe it, thanks in large part to the RME card I guess!

DPDAN
    So you are routing it through GigaStudio? I am desperate for the VST version, but all I hear is "coming soon"...:>(

Daryl

Four more days 'til NAMM. We should learn about GPulseVST then. And lots more from the industry too...

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    So you are routing it through GigaStudio? I am desperate for the VST version, but all I hear is "coming soon"...:>(

Daryl
    Hi Daryl ,
    yes, I just use a plugin reverb from the Powercore Firewire unit during the building of the midi sequence, then once I am ready to mix, I load a GSP preset that I have setup for G-Pulse, it works great!

I'm not sure why anyone would want to buy the VST version of G-Pulse
    if they already own GS3 Orchestra. If you don't already have GS3 Orchestra, get "it" instead of paying too much for just the reverb.
    Of course this information will most likely be obsolete in four days. Technology's worst effect.

DPDAN

If you have lots of digital I/O on your soundcard, GPulseVST wouldn't make much sense. For us owners of simple soundcards like the Audiophile or the MIA, we just don't have the I/O to make the most of GPulse on our audio tracks.

I'm hoping that GPulseVST will be available at a good discount to GS3 Orchestra owners. That'll give us the best of all worlds.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    If you have lots of digital I/O on your soundcard, GPulseVST wouldn't make much sense. For us owners of simple soundcards like the Audiophile or the MIA, we just don't have the I/O to make the most of GPulse on our audio tracks.

I'm hoping that GPulseVST will be available at a good discount to GS3 Orchestra owners. That'll give us the best of all worlds.

-JF
    I see,

I agree about a discount for GS3 owners, that would be nice.
    Thanks Jon
    DPDAN

Go Back to forum