• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: 2112 - THE GOLDEN FISH

Share/Bookmark

Talking 2112 - THE GOLDEN FISH

And now for something a little different…

This a demo of what is currently cooking in my sick head. It’s just a start, but I thought I’d share another “skeleton” that I just started. Being that I am such a fan of the number Phi (as in my sig), and am the Trout Superhero , and I use GPO, I decided to combine them all. Phi appears nearly everywhere in nature, and when consciously applied to music in experimental ways, one can capture nature in music (or anything else). I wanted to create a soundtrack for my brain (movies are too limiting). One of the main ideas here is that I started with 6 (carefully) chosen pitches that will repeat throughout (the sequence you hear at the start is repeated back to back). In my imagination, I am on an adventure – swimming, and living the life of a fish – and following the “Golden” fish- (like the “Golden” Ratio a.k.a. Phi). Phi is used everywhere in this short clip. When it is finished, I will send it to my father (the mathematician, musician) to see if I can bake his noodle a little . This is very experimental so watch your ears! I was inspired by Gary, not the least of which because he really FedExed me a Trout !!! No, I’m not kidding!

Done in Sonar no less…LOL!:

If I finish it, I’ll keep you “posted”..heheh

Oh, here’s the dang tune..

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: 2112 - THE GOLDEN FISH

Brian, very cool!
    but I would use th,,,,, just kidding
    great stuff!

DPDAN

It's very nice! I like it a lot!! As for the name - you had me thinking that you've been playing a little too much Fable lately...

Hope to hear more from you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by neoTypic
    Wow wow wow!

That is truly inspired and amazing. What else did you use besides GPO?
    Hey thanks folks!

One thing that I am using with GPO is the Chameleon 5000 virtual synthesizer. (Re-synthesis – nice piece). Since I posted this, I have been working on it more…loads of fun! Experimental stuff is a blast. I’m trying to find (relatively) new things without going a-tonal (not that I have anything against a-tonal). I'm just enjoying doing stuff that is not allowed!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Awesome! I really like the break at the end. It sounds mighty good as is- don't overdo it!

Brian,

Your GpOLDEN FISH "skeleton" is superb. Your use of Phi is intriguing and would like to know more about how you apply it to music. Perhaps a phi recipe in the future?
    Be interesting to hear your father's reaction too. Mathematics aside, I enjoyed swimming along to the groove. Very uplifting and I could listen to this all day. Glad the trout found its way to you. May it provide inspiration to practice your 'scales' and experiment more with fish pi.

Thanks Brian for posting this. Your music is unique.

Gary

Uh, Brian? Not to criticize or anything, but given the, er, nature of things, shouldn't it be The GpOlden Phish?

Very cool stuff, man! Keep 'em coming!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thumbs up Re: 2112 - THE GOLDEN FISH

Wow, that’s one prolific fishy! You are 2112 are you not?
    Very innerestink how you applied a pie to your music. Must have been a little messy though mit all them thar fish you had to prepare for the pie!
    Huh, what? Oh, Phi! Ooops, sorry I thought he said PIE! That’s a carp anyway!

And now for something different.

Simon says ...
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    And now for something a little different...
    <edit>
    ...2112[/i]
    I really, really like it. I was going to complain about the instruments in the lower register being too wet -- but then I remembered that this is about a fish journey -- so the wet is totally appropriate!
    -Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Uh, Brian? Not to criticize or anything, but given the, er, nature of things, shouldn't it be The GpOlden Phish?

Very cool stuff, man! Keep 'em coming!
    Quite right! I meant to do that and forgot...LOL!

Thanks for all the encouragement all of you!

I worked on it some today…it’s getting crazy…but it’s working…LOL!!

P.S. now i go listen to the demos ahead of this one...I hate bumping my own demos.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast