• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Predictions for NAMM ?

Share/Bookmark

Predictions for NAMM ?

I'm guessing the following will be announced:

- Tascam will announce a library of impulses for GigaPulse, extortionatley priced ;-)
    - VSL will announce details of Symphonic Cube, (which will turn out to be a bit of dedicated hardware .)

Looking forward to hear about all these new other orchestral libraries ... just out of curiosity
    Hoping someone will announce a Big Band library

Re: Predictions for NAMM ?

More than any year I'm looking forward to this years namm! GOS2, EWQLSC, RA2 and ofcourse most of all - VSL Symphonic Cube. I think were in for a suprise with that one - like you say - maybe dedicated hardware. Thing is when we get the info the waiting time for the actual release will be even worse

I hope nothing new will turn up, so I don't have to spend any more money!

Cheers,

Chris
    New music at
    www.calegy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    VSL Symphonic Cube. I think were in for a suprise with that one - like you say - maybe dedicated hardware. Thing is when we get the info the waiting time for the actual release will be even worse
    Yeah, I think we're in for a surprise.
    Herb wrote something very, very interesting recently in the middle of one of the VSL threads that may have sneaked past a lot of people. Someone wrote that they wanted something as easy to use as synful for articulations, but with the tone of VSL. Herb said "Two Words. Symphonic cube" .... which suggests it is more than just more samples and instruments.

I'm totally guessing about it being hardware .... I haven't really got a clue.

What'll be worse than the long wait for release, is that it'll probably too expensive most mortals to afford :-(

I'm kind of expecting it to cost twice of Pro Edition... more than that will be quite nasty indeed. But I'm geussing that it could be more than that since they have around 3 times the samples recorded as what is included in Pro Ed.

I think however that charging more than 10.000 or 11.000 Euro for a sample liberary might be quite foolish - I mean how many can they posibly sell if it costs say €20.000.

I'm fear double the price of Pro might be the minimum price ... especially if they add all of the horizon content, new articulations and some wonderful new performance engine.

But perhaps the Performance Cube will not be a single package, and will be a range of new products to serve different budgets.

reality check: we're speculating on the price of something we don't anything about.

> "I mean how many can they posibly sell if it costs say €20.000."

With a group buy!

-JF

With VSL?... dream on

I'm guessing we will hear more about MIR aswell.. I wonder if its somehow integrated

how about GigaStudio 3 bug free edition

Quote Originally Posted by korayus
    how about GigaStudio 3 bug free edition
    That was a good one

Go Back to forum