• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT- SX update 3.01.514 - loss of VSTs?

Share/Bookmark

OT- SX update 3.01.514 - loss of VSTs?

I'll post this in the Cubase forums, but anyone who's used it knows the response is usually limited, so I'm posting here first.

After I updated from SX 3.0 to the current 3.01.514 version, none of the loaded VSTs in my templates/current projects will load with the project. None of the EWQL players appear, and the GIGA Teleports for 2 computers are missing, as is everything else. I mention these first three because that is hundreds of tracks that will need to be loaded/assigned for every template and project I use.

Is there a known workaround? I'm sure I can regress everything to the SX3.0 version if I must, but part of why I sought out the update was that since I went from SX2 to 3, midi note off commands don't seem to be sent the way they used to. I press stop, but nothing short of retriggering all the notes sounding will send an "off" command. I was hoping the update would fix that.

In summation: so far I am very much regretting the "upgrade" from a solid, trouble-free SX2 installation. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    mike graybill

Banned

Re: OT- SX update 3.01.514 - loss of VSTs?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo450

After I updated from SX 3.0 to the current 3.01.514 version, none of the loaded VSTs in my templates/current projects will load with the project. None of the EWQL players appear, and the GIGA Teleports for 2 computers are missing, as is everything else.

Thanks
    mike graybill
    I'm just guessing, but it sounds like the VST plugins path isn't set correctly in the new install.

- Stefan

If you look at "Plug in information" you can see shared vst plug in's. You can add folders here so that Cubase sees them all.

After going through all the upgrades, I find I have plus in the Programs/Steinberg folder, the Programs/Steinberg/Cusase SX folder,Programs/Steinberg/Cusase SX2.0 folder and Programs/Steinberg/Cusase SX3.0 folder. By adding all these folders to the shared vst folders, Cuase can finds them and adds them to the available vst's.

Red face Re: OT- SX update 3.01.514 - loss of VSTs?

Thanks so much for the fast replies. It sees everything fine after adding the folders again. What was throwing me was that some were there, others were not. I could see Atmosphere but not GigaTeleport, etc.

It's really my fault for not sacrificing the chicken and performing the necessary dances and ritual voodoo rites that it always takes to make something work the way it is supposed to! So, note to self, restock chicken coupe and get more candles for the pentagrams, this will not happen again.

Seriously, thanks for the quick help.

Best,
    mike

This is a case of not letting the update install to where it wants to. For some reason Cubase updates ALWAYS have the wrong default directory, and end up putting a new VST folder directly into the Steinberg folder, whereas the default route for a brand new install is Steinberg - CubaseSX - VSTplugins. I don't know why Steinberg have never sorted this out, but it's been an issue with every upgrade I've ever installed, since VST3.7

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    This is a case of not letting the update install to where it wants to. For some reason Cubase updates ALWAYS have the wrong default directory, and end up putting a new VST folder directly into the Steinberg folder, whereas the default route for a brand new install is Steinberg - CubaseSX - VSTplugins. I don't know why Steinberg have never sorted this out, but it's been an issue with every upgrade I've ever installed, since VST3.7

Yes, after several updates, I have 4 vst folders each with things I use. one of these days I'm going to organize them all in one folder...

Go Back to forum