• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: VintAudio C7 question on tuning

Share/Bookmark

VintAudio C7 question on tuning

Hi,
    I picked up the C7 library from VintAudio in the last group buy. It was a great deal. I like the sound of the C7 a lot. It's a good contrast to "The Grand". it has more character and a bit more presence. I have noticed something that I was wondering about. It sounds like the lowest "F" (on an 88 note keyboard) is out of tune. I'm using the close mic set with 6 velocities. It all sounds great, but when I do real heavy octave stuff in the low end (usually with an F chord), I'm hearing some tuning problems. Most likely, it's just the overtones not meshing together like they would do on a real piano. Samples can't change the way real strings do as they vibrate in sympathy to each other. Anyway, has anyone else heard this? Play the two lowest F notes with your left hand and a F chord with your right hand. Try some different inversions. I'm curious if you hear the same thing.

Don't get me wrong. I love the library. it sounds great.

Tom

Re: VintAudio C7 question on tuning

I guess I'm alone on that one.

To be honest I had/have a few issues with the C7 (including a tuning problem on one low note). I really love the sound, but there are a few programming errors that I've had to sort out.
    O

When did your order arrive? I haven't seen or heard anything about mine yet. (I'm assuming this was part of the recent gourp buy?)

What sort of problems are you referring to? I just received my group buy bundle and I have mixed feelings. The overall sound is great in all three pianos and the guitars but there are a lot of programming errors. Can Franky or anyone else confirm these and inform about possible updates?

1. The release samples don't fit in any of the three pianos. They work for staccato (except for some notes where the release sample seems to be late) but after a sustain the note has faded but the release sample still sounds at full level. I would gladly use the release samples but now they just add artifacts to the playing.

2. There stereo placement varies in different dynamic levels in the C7. Crescendos are awkward as the note moves around in the stereo field.

3. My Les Paul Costum 1 (yes, it says costum, not custom) doesn't load. Kontakt says that "ERROR parsing input file at line 23860: <parse error>. The loaded patch might be corrupt." The file was read properly from the media, is there something wrong with the patch?

I'm happy with the sound but I feel that I have received a copy of beta programming stage. Also the DVD-recordable and sticker label caused some trouble but I was able to get the libraries installed.

The piano isn't in perfect tune in the lowest register but it's close enough for me. I feel that the lowest F is in tune but the G next to it might be slightly flat.

I have the same "problem" with the release, but I think it's due to fixed release-velocity output from my keyboard. Anyone tried this with a keyboard that exports non-fixed release velocity?

I also had the same error message when loading the C7 ambient patches, but I e-mailed Franky and he e-mailed me the files right away.

Quote Originally Posted by akisd28
    I have the same "problem" with the release, but I think it's due to fixed release-velocity output from my keyboard. Anyone tried this with a keyboard that exports non-fixed release velocity?
    The same thing happens when inserting a note to Cubase with mouse. The note can be completely sustained but still there is the release sample in the end at full level.

Guys I have a question about VintAudio C7....I have a G4/AGP CD ROM drive that can play DVD's... will I be able to use the VintAudio DVD version in my system?

thanks.....

TRUN

If it reads DVDs then it should work. You could play it safe and ask Franky what media he uses and check that your Mac is compatible.

I received updated programs from Franky and the library is starting to look nice. I can load all programs and the C7 seems to have settled in the stereo field except for one note I happened to notice. The release samples still don't work properly but it could be something I or my system is doing. Does anyone have it working properly so that there isn't a release sample heard after the tone has fully faded and the key is released?

Great support from Franky, I couldn't have hoped for faster reply for my request for the programs and I'm certain that all my other concerns will be solved too. Thumbs up!

I haven't encountered any problems with the release notes in EXS24.

Go Back to forum