• Register
  • Help

Topic: DFD Extension problems

Share/Bookmark

Post DFD Extension problems

Hi there,

I'm afraid I'm one of those people who get's the system unstable after trying the DFD extension. I've tried to remove it, but I can't find any way to do it. I have uninstalled GPO and GPO Studio completely and reinstalled it again (without the DFD, of course)... and it's still there!!!

Does anybody know how to remove the extension?

Thanks,

Anton

Re: DFD Extension problems

Surely after you turn off DFD then there wouldn't be any problems in GPO. That's all I did (of course, mine never became unstable, it just had lackluster performance.)

I'll have to look when I get home for its exact location. I'm not sure if the DFD dialog is in the player without the extension or not. I never had to download the extension from the GPO site, since I just used the DFD extension from Kontakt 1.5.3.

Does anybody know how to remove the extension?
    Surgically?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Surgically?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Surely after you turn off DFD then there wouldn't be any problems in GPO. That's all I did (of course, mine never became unstable, it just had lackluster performance.)

I'll have to look when I get home for its exact location. I'm not sure if the DFD dialog is in the player without the extension or not. I never had to download the extension from the GPO site, since I just used the DFD extension from Kontakt 1.5.3.
    I've found it!

There are some dll files in the system32 folder named NI_DFD_<version>.dll. By removing them, the DFD menu does not appear any more on the Kontakt player. I win, NI DFD Extension loses! ... Now let's see what happens...

Anton

Way to go. Score one for the GPO team.

Go Back to forum