• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lookin' for some Hip-Hop Loops...

Share/Bookmark

Question Lookin' for some Hip-Hop Loops...

Yo,
    I'm Lookin' for some Free Hip-Hop Loops (instrumental,percussion,scratches, etc.)... that i can use in commercial prod...

any place with it ?

Re: Lookin' for some Hip-Hop Loops...

At the risk of being somewhat condescending....has anyone around here heard of Google?

I swear that about 9 out of 10 questions asked on these forums can easily be answered by a quick search on Google.

Just type "Free hip hop loops" and Google returns literally hundreds of results. Granted not all of the are actually free, but lots of them are.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Wink Re: Lookin' for some Hip-Hop Loops...

Sorry Mindphaze... but You know... the easiest way is always the hardest to find

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    ...has anyone around here heard of Google?
    Midphase, that's dangerous thinking, if everyone googled everything because they were only looking for black and white, factual information, we honestly wouldn't need forums.

The beauty of an open forum is that you get user's experience and opinions with/of a library. You don't get this from a Google search or company's website.

Here you get many individuals that can cater to the poster's needs, maybe its a specific genre of hip-hop loops, gangster and house are two very different libraries, as are crunk and popular hip-hop.

If you don't have a suggestion, why not just pass on the thread?

For the original poster, check out www.houseofsamples.com, they have a lot of hip-hop sample libraries there. I don't personally own any of them so I can't comment on them, but they come up often in my searches there.
    Lincoln Flesch
    Diva, GPO, GOS, LastLibs Bass, Scarbee's SID, BFD, Post Emperor and the MAG.
    ---------------------------------------
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    --Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

I have used Nuskool (decent) and of course, there are options withing RMX (and the expanders.) Good luck.

Rob

(BTW - here's quickie I posted earlier using RMX - 20 minutes I had this sequence put together and then just 'jammed' to it on a pass through - left the 'flubs' in cause they got character - and I am lazy . It is insanely easy to work with. Little tough on the Ram resources - but freezing helps. I wouldn't call this example hard core hip hop but it has so much to choose from...)

http://www.robelliottmusic.com/mp3s/...X%20Improv.mp3
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Forget the 'use in commercial productions' for a minute (for free anyway).

Now check:

Phat Drum Loops (old version)

http://www.phatdrumloops.com/old_site/

&

Break Beat Paradise

http://www.breakbeat-paradise.com/bb_samples.php

Those sites can boost inspiration, generate ideas, and provide 'EQ' for timbres.

Now invest in turntables, some vinyl, and an old school sampling drum machine with analog filters to produce the killa drum loops for hip hop.

The off the shelf commercial hip hop libraries are weak in many ways, more authentic to be freestyle.

Any commercial label release the 'Grey Album' yet, what are they waiting for?

Mark
    ---------------------------
    http://www.markderrico.com

Midphase, that's dangerous thinking, if everyone googled everything because they were only looking for black and white, factual information, we honestly wouldn't need forums.

Link, I just knew that I was going to piss someone off by pointing out the obvious. I am not arguing against forums being a good place to ask questions and get good info from the posters, however you do have to agree that it's easy for forums such as this to get overcrowded with people asking all sorts of easy to figure out questions. This type of posting only contributes to this forum becoming more chaotic and crowded and, for all intents and purposes, making it more difficult for people to find answers for legitimate issues.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people ask for questions here that can easily be answered by going to the developer's web site. Things like "Does ... work with OS X?" or "How many gigs is ..." or "When is ... coming out?" etc.

While I do not necessarily thing that Luk's question was out of place, I think it's important to encourage everyone to check on line to see if the issue can be easily solved by a quick search and to do a search on the forums to see if the question has already been answered (which more often than not it has).

Sonikmatter Logic Forums have a pretty tight grip of those rules and IMHO, work very well to keep the forum clean and truly helpful without being cluttered.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Midphase,

I'm hardly pissed, your opinion is just as valid as the next, everyone's got em.

I just think that telling people to get their information from another source as part of an informational source seems wrong.

I don't know the admins of this forum, but I do know other admins and they like it when people post, deturing them from posting again just seems wrong.

I like Sonikmatter, but don't visit there nearly a quarter of the time that I do here 'cause there are fewer posts. That means I see 75% of their advertising and announcements, I click on their banners 75% less of the time. I'm sure developers keep an eye on their referrals and which forums they choose to continue investing in.

I don't mind an active community, even if that occasionally means seeing one discussion had more than once, 'cause it will always be from a new perspective under new circumstances. Libraries are being announced and released weekly.

Any replies to this should go in the off-topics section... we'll have fun there and keep this thread on point.
    Lincoln Flesch
    Diva, GPO, GOS, LastLibs Bass, Scarbee's SID, BFD, Post Emperor and the MAG.
    ---------------------------------------
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    --Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Go Back to forum