• Register
  • Help

Topic: Are there any Sony Acid 4 or 5 users out there?

Share/Bookmark

Question Are there any Sony Acid 4 or 5 users out there?

guess not. wasn't that important hanyways
    Styxx

Re: Are there any Sony Acid 4 or 5 users out there?

Styxx,

I have Acid 4 and used to use it. However, when Sonar came out with the ability to loop clips like Acid, I haven't used it since.

What do you need to know?

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by mschiff
    Styxx,

I have Acid 4 and used to use it. However, when Sonar came out with the ability to loop clips like Acid, I haven't used it since.

What do you need to know?

-- Martin
    Oh, nothing much. I just updated to Acid 5.0 and was wondering if anyone else had the chance also to update. The midi edits and VST has been greatly improved except there is no score editor. Then again, this is more for loop and the hip hop DJ thingy than composition so why have one? I'm not quite sure I like it because it takes some time to get used to setting up midi tracks with soft synths. Garritan works just fine and recording tracks is a bit confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad. I do like the idea of having the ability to add more instruments to an already mixed audio track from say Cubase or Cakewalk. However, I still would like to get my hands on Sonar 4 pro for the very same reason you stated above. I need to settle on one DAW once and for all. I've heard so many excellent reviews and views on Sonar but haven't been able to save up for the upgrade from Home Studio 4 XL. About $350 US.
    Styxx

I use acid 5.0. It is very powerful at what it does and the new features make it a great program (groove mapping and cloning). But with Live developing so quickly it doesn't get a lot of press or respect. I don't think it would be my first or second (maybe not 3rd) program for orchestral type music (you refered to Garritan), but for looping music it works very well.

It does have it's own syle so a book (acid 5.0 power is out now) might help. I'm getting it even though I've used this app since 3.0.

I'm going to attempt a rather large-scale orchestral piece with it soon. Most likely a rendition of Ravels Bolero or The Oscar Meier Wiener commercial jingle. Then, I'll post my findings.
    Styxx

It might be "just right" for Bolero!

Go Back to forum