• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't export to audio

Share/Bookmark

Can't export to audio

Hello everyone, I'm new to the program and this forum.

I just finished my first project in Cubase but I can't get it to export to an audio file. I mark left and right markers and when it "exports" I hear it play back in fast-motion. But then when I open the audio file, it is mute. I am using Cubase 4.0 and the GPO Studio. Is it possible that Cubase just isn't "hearing" anything when it exports? Do I need to change some settings in there?

Thanks in advance

Re: Can't export to audio

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestGump

I just finished my first project in Cubase but I can't get it to export to an audio file. I mark left and right markers and when it "exports" I hear it play back in fast-motion. But then when I open the audio file, it is mute. I am using Cubase 4.0 and the GPO Studio. Is it possible that Cubase just isn't "hearing" anything when it exports? Do I need to change some settings in there?

Thanks in advance
    Outside of Cubase, you can pull this off using GPO Studio v1.2. It's an update availabe at the Garritan site. It has a Record feature under the (upper) menu row. It's a pull-down item.

If what you want are individual tracks (as opposed to the whole mix) saved to audio, then solo the track(s) you want to export to audio and task-switch over to GPO Studio and enable recording. Return to Cubase and hit Play. When play is finished switch back to GPO Studio to stop capturing the clip.

If you wish you import those GPO Studio-generated clips back into Cubase. It is possible you may have to 'sight-sync' the imported audio clips agains existing midi clips (or maybe other pre-rendered audio clips). I always like to begin bar 1 of any captured clip with a 'throw-away' note, like a little C3 pitch with short duration. I use this pitch as my 'sync' pitch as all my captured clips will contain such a throw-away at the start of each bar 1.

Finally, when I have my final mix rendered, I delete the throw-away pitches in an audio editor with one stroke of the mouse.

-Rudy

Re: Can't export to audio

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestGump

Thanks in advance
    Hang on, I'm trying to remember why this has happened to me in the past. Maybe it will come to me....

Go Back to forum