• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: non-vibrato strings in personal orchestra please help

Share/Bookmark

non-vibrato strings in personal orchestra please help

Im thinking in maybe buying the Garritan personal orchestra and I have a doubt about the following : Ive tried the orchestra in a shop and I find that all string solo instruments use vibrato , is it possible to play solo string instruments without vibrato? there must be a way, seems too crazy that this wouldnt be possible, I find vibrato and non vibrato options in the woodwinds etc, but not for the solo strings...
    any help much appreciated , my email is jglifedesign@yahoo.it
    all best
    Javier

Re: non-vibrato strings in personal orchestra please help

Quote Originally Posted by neoTypic
    I'm sorry, as far as I know all the strings were recorded with live vibrato.
    Neo is correct, however don't loose hope, because I understand that Gary is coming out with a solo strings library very soon!
    DPDAN

Not only that, there's the just announced Advanced upgrade to GPO. Not sure if non-vibrato patches are in that thing, but I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.

really I cannot understand it at all,
    please composers in this forum, tell me, dont u need sometimes to use a solo violin with non-vibrato?? are you comfortable using a library that has no non-vibrato possibilities?
    I just cant believe it

another side question
    with the patches that have vibrato, obviously I guess theres no way to start with more vibrato the note and end it with less

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Not only that, there's the just announced Advanced upgrade to GPO. Not sure if non-vibrato patches are in that thing, but I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.

Personally I haven't needed them so far. If they were available, I'd probably find a use for them.

If all you need is non-vibrato solo strings, you can probably find them somewhere. If GPO doesn't have what you need, just don't buy it. I don't really understand why you find it necessary to take the time to insult Gary's accomplishment based on this one lack.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

sorryyyyyyyyyyy Re: non-vibrato strings in personal orchestra please help

again sorry , I was overtemperamental maybe cause Im mediterranean
    sorrry again, I apologise

I insist that I love GPO and I find it the best quality/prize product in the market

and I will probably buy it and expand from it,

so anyway, apologies, and I do congratulate Garritan , If I have been researching about GPO for weeks is because I find it the best orchestral VST Ive ever seen

best

Jav

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    Personally I haven't needed them so far. If they were available, I'd probably find a use for them.

If all you need is non-vibrato solo strings, you can probably find them somewhere. If GPO doesn't have what you need, just don't buy it. I don't really understand why you find it necessary to take the time to insult Gary's accomplishment based on this one lack.

sorry Re: non-vibrato strings in personal orchestra please help

ok I understand that nothing can be perfect and I was overtemperamental in my writing, so apologies for that

I do love GPO and I will probably buy it and then maybe combine it with other strings that have NV and V

in any case, any idea if garritan will add NV in future versions?

all best and apologies
    Jav

Quote Originally Posted by javismiles
    Im thinking in maybe buying the Garritan personal orchestra and I have a doubt about the following : Ive tried the orchestra in a shop and I find that all string solo instruments use vibrato , is it possible to play solo string instruments without vibrato? there must be a way, seems too crazy that this wouldnt be possible, I find vibrato and non vibrato options in the woodwinds etc, but not for the solo strings...
    any help much appreciated , my email is jglifedesign@yahoo.it
    all best
    Javier

what about the vibrato control for winds in latest update?

so yes, I do love GPO , it was a hard day today and had a temperamental post I guess,

so the thing was basically, I was violin player for 5 years, now I play piano, I guess what I was looking for , was not so much a nonvibrato patch , as the possibility to play a violin solo sound that for example started with nonvibrato and later added some vibrato or that the level of vibrato changed or that started with vibrato and then changed to nonvibrato, but I admit Im not an expert in virtual instruments and maybe this is not even possible in any library around, and then I guess the only possibility is having a nonvibrato patch and a vibrato patch and just use each one whenever is possible

I just know that when I listened in the past to any orchestral library the thing that sounds the most artificial for me is the constant level of string vibrato that stays always the same and doesnt change,

but I insist, GPO is simply superb, I remember 2 years ago listening to the Edirol orchestra and thinking that it was great, well, GPO is a thousand times better , its so good and so cheap that I guess then one just wants it to be totally perfect, which I know, its not fair

but I just read a minute ago about the latest update to the GPO and it says if I understand well that there is a new control , vibrato control for the
    winds, this solo winds vibrato control, which allows to change dinamically the vibrato of wind instruments as you play , wow, I mean, thats simply amazing!!!!

so I mean, could that also be done with the solo strings? will they maybe add it in a future update?

smiles
    Jav

Quote Originally Posted by javismiles
    ok I understand that nothing can be perfect and I was overtemperamental in my writing, so apologies for that

I do love GPO and I will probably buy it and then maybe combine it with other strings that have NV and V

in any case, any idea if garritan will add NV in future versions?

all best and apologies
    Jav

Re: what about the vibrato control for winds in latest update?

The degree of control you are asking for in a solo string instrument has not been accomplished yet in any library I've heard of. Gary and his team have been working in a solo violin library by using some kind of mixture of phisical modeling and sampling technology that, perhaps is what you are looking for. But personaly, I don't think this product will be in the price range GPO is in and, if I'm not wrong, it will only include solo violins.

P.D. T˙ tienes todo la pinta de ser espa˝ol. ┐Me equivoco?

Re: what about the vibrato control for winds in latest update?

thats very interesting, thank u for that info, I think I guess I was asking for too much then ))

P.D : si

Quote Originally Posted by galvedro
    The degree of control you are asking for in a solo string instrument has not been accomplished yet in any library I've heard of. Gary and his team have been working in a solo violin library by using some kind of mixture of phisical modeling and sampling technology that, perhaps is what you are looking for. But personaly, I don't think this product will be in the price range GPO is in and, if I'm not wrong, it will only include solo violins.

P.D. T˙ tienes todo la pinta de ser espa˝ol. ┐Me equivoco?

Go Back to forum