• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chatner Improv - session2

Share/Bookmark

Talking Chatner Improv - session2

Hi all, here's my improv for chatner today (7. january).

Haggies goes to play!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Thumbs up Re: Chatner Improv - session2

This is wild! I can't believe you do this stuff so well on the fly and off the cuff! Keep it up man, this is almost a lost art being able to improvise and having it sound so well constructed so fast.
    Ha! I love it. Chatner Improv!
    Styxx

Talking Re: Chatner Improv - session2

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    This is wild! I can't believe you do this stuff so well on the fly and off the cuff! Keep it up man, this is almost a lost art being able to improvise and having it sound so well constructed so fast.
    Ha! I love it. Chatner Improv!
    Thanks Styxx!

However, it's true that improvisation has been an almost lost art but I think it's going to change in the near future. Well I'm always so optimistic.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Chatner Improv - session2

It may be a lost art... but in the "classical" style. Anyway in free jazz and even in rock music improvisation is used a lot. But I know what you mean. I remember the story of Beethoven being kicked off from improvisation contests and I´m sure that those improvisations weren´t only about scales going up and down... they included thematic work and development, some structured thinking, harmonic feeling and things that complement the mere scaling. Also, I´m sure improvisation is more than "let´s see how many notes per second can I play up and down"

Regarding your improvisation, I said my opinion on the chat, and I don´t remeber exactly what it was! heheh Anyway is a great work and I´m sure that you´ll keep on working in this kind of area... let´s do that! please recover the lost art of improvising with a compositional thinking! continue in going beyond the scales!
    José Miguel Serrano
    Keol

Quote Originally Posted by _Keol
    It may be a lost art... but in the "classical" style. Anyway in free jazz and even in rock music improvisation is used a lot.
    In ´free´ Jazz? I almost can´t think of any kind of jazz where improvisation is not important. It´s part of the definition of Jazz! ;-)

Falc, you up for another one this Freeday? Yes? No? Maybe? Not?
    Styxx

Talking Re: Chatner Improv - session2

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Falc, you up for another one this Freeday? Yes? No? Maybe? Not?
    Sure! However, I'll maybe be late because of other things to do. But I'll go to the chatner as soon as I will be home.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Quote Originally Posted by efreitag
    In ´free´ Jazz? I almost can´t think of any kind of jazz where improvisation is not important. It´s part of the definition of Jazz! ;-)
    hah of course... then let´s say that jazz is free and it will include it all!

well, I said free jazz for being the best example of improvisation, since the Ellington jazz had a quota of improvisation, but was more written than completely free. But yep. I rephrase...

"Anyway in jazz and even in rock music improvisation is used a lot."

José Miguel Serrano
    Keol

Go Back to forum