• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Steelhed's Metal Project... Coming Soon!

Share/Bookmark

Steelhed's Metal Project... Coming Soon!

A Year and a half ago, some people here were asking for a Metal Guitar Library.... I mentioned I might do it, Well, I kinda got off track cause my brother died in a car accident, and I didn't much feel like exerting any extra energy, So once I was able to deal, I starting working on it again, then my father passed away, Well, for the last several months I've been back on track, and now feel I'm close enough to be comfortable with letting the community know, A metal library is on it's way... But, being somewhat new to this, I didn't realize the layout was gonna be harder than the samples and mapping, but it is... In two weeks time I will be giving away the beta version to a few that wanna offer feedback... I'm simply tuning my guitar down to a C, using my POD, with My Ibanez S-series Guitar and there will be several 2 or more velocity layered samples... Anyways, It's sounding pretty good these days... Like I said, I'm still having a hard time figuring out what the most reasonable keymapping is gonna be... If you wanna check out the beta, simply say, "I do" and leave your email here... I'm willing to accept up to 10 peeps... Anyways, I'm having a blast messing with it, me and a friend of mine were laughing while playing a metallica tune on keyboard, but it was really then, that I felt I should finish the product.... BTW, it will be in (Giga) format first, then once I'm done I will prolly do it in Kontakt...

Re: Steelhed's Metal Project... Coming Soon!

I'm interested in checking this out and providing input. Metal has been... under-represented in the sampling world so far, and what few attempts I have seen at sampled instruments usable in a metal context have been disappointing. I'm eager to find out what you've come up with! So, then, "I do".

email is steudler1 "at" comcast.net .

Thanks for the opportunity to get in on your beta!

Hi... im definately interested in checking it out. I'm starting scoring a new game very soon, which has to have a Metal Gear Solid like vibe to it. I figure some heavy metal stuff in their might be quite great.

Regardless im interested in giving you some feedback from a more game/film composer perspective, rather than a rock star one

mail[at]marcussenmusic.com

Well, thats one of the things that inspired me too... After putting the project on the back burner, a couple times, I thought someone would have done it in that interim, But there isn't anything out there.. A friend of mine had bought some metal libraries, that were cool, but just didn't have the bite, and still sounded synthetic, Like I said, when I gave him a gig sample of mine, he was like, "Why the hell didn't you tell me?" he's pushing me too, Of course he gets a free copy when it's done, and I'll be considering giving a finished copy to those that help with the suggestions, In fact I see no reason not to, Cause like I said, I could use some input mainly as to how the layout on the keys should be, But also if there is anything about the sound itself, I'm open.. But I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised at how much it sounds like the real thing..... Harmonics, Single note leads, and some rich sounding grinding chords... I'm gonna work on getting the beta version out sooner... I just got a lot goin on, But I think I'm gonna push this up to next week...

The more FX sounds the better

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhed
    Well, thats one of the things that inspired me too... After putting the project on the back burner, a couple times, I thought someone would have done it in that interim, But there isn't anything out there.. A friend of mine had bought some metal libraries, that were cool, but just didn't have the bite, and still sounded synthetic, Like I said, when I gave him a gig sample of mine, he was like, "Why the hell didn't you tell me?" he's pushing me too, Of course he gets a free copy when it's done, and I'll be considering giving a finished copy to those that help with the suggestions, In fact I see no reason not to, Cause like I said, I could use some input mainly as to how the layout on the keys should be, But also if there is anything about the sound itself, I'm open.. But I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised at how much it sounds like the real thing..... Harmonics, Single note leads, and some rich sounding grinding chords... I'm gonna work on getting the beta version out sooner... I just got a lot goin on, But I think I'm gonna push this up to next week...
    I still wait for this kind of sample lib.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhed
    I'm simply tuning my guitar down to a C, using my POD, with My Ibanez S-series Guitar and there will be several 2 or more velocity layered samples...
    POD? Drop C? Metal? 7-string guitars tuned to H or A and a Engl / Mesa Boogie amp through a 4x12 inch cabinet is metal, POD with a drop C guitar is heavy at its best. Metal is all about ultragain guitars. I've had or tried most of the modeling stuff including POD Pro and NI Guitar Rig but there is absolutely no substitution for the real thing.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it but I personally would like to have a REAL metal guitar library. The VSL Overdrive sounds great but the sound is more Steve Vai than Pantera. The Monzter Guitars seems too limited to the fifth chord stuff.

This is definitely going to be more geared towards the pantera side of things... I understand how hard it is to do a metal library like you would want to hear form say Steve Vai etc... This will definitely sound close to the real thing.. but I will, or have someone post a demo of it, using this library.. And you prolly will see something in the next week or so.. I tried doing some "steve Vai" type of samples, the lead is almost impossible to make sound realistic, and the chords rythm part sounds somewhat synthetic.... These won't sound synthetic..... The proof WILL be in the puddin..

I'm interested in beta-testing it too. I think a library like this would be great!

I score a lot of indie horror flicks, which usually requires metal guitars and heavy rock in the score.

I've got a horror short to score in a few days (if not earlier) that's going to require a lot of metal, so these samples would be great to try out. I'd also be more than happy to post some MP3 cues for you.

I've also got a feature-length thriller coming up in 2-3 weeks that's going to have a heavy rock-oriented score to it (they're using 6 songs from various rock bands in the score), so it would be great to try it in that movie too since I'll be mixing the guitar samples with orchestral samples for some cues.

And I agree with Marcussen, there just can't be enough fx!

My email address is: mark [at] markderrico.com

Mark
    Mark
    ---------------------------
    http://www.markderrico.com

I am a big user of heavy guitars, mostly with Virtual Guitarist Electric Edition and Slayer somewhat for lead. I am interested.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Go Back to forum