• Register
  • Help

Topic: pitchbend to volume in Kontakt full

Share/Bookmark

Question pitchbend to volume in Kontakt full

Four simple questions from a newbie:

I am using Garritan strings in Kontakt full (1.5.3) on a Mac. Could someone please explain to me:

(1) exactly how do I tell Kontakt to use pitchbend (on my keyboard) to control volume (rather than modulation wheel). I understand this involves changing the MOD settings, but exactly how? And which MOD in the rack?
    Yes, I have checked this forum, but don't quite understand some of the answers.

(2) Also under 'options' should I check "use std.cc7/cc10 for master volume & pan" or leave it unchecked?

(3) Does the same apply to EastWest QLSO?

(4) when using Kontakt as a VST instrument in Cubase SX3, how come I can't access the parameters by option/click on the Kontakt controls (e.g. to control automation). This works fine in standalone mode.

thanks in advance for anyone taking the time and trouble to answer this.

Re: pitchbend to volume in Kontakt full

(1) exactly how do I tell Kontakt to use pitchbend (on my keyboard) to control volume (rather than modulation wheel). I understand this involves changing the MOD settings, but exactly how? And which MOD in the rack?
    First delete the modulationrouter under the Source-Module where "pitchbend" is assigned to "pitch". (Otherwise the tone will bend up and down when you use the pitchbend.)
    Then have a look at the Modulationrouter under the Amplifier-Module. There is one where "Midi-CC 1" (which is the Mod-Wheel) is assigned to "Volume". Change "Midi-CC 1" to "Pitchbend". Open and activate the rescaler in the modulation router by clicking on the button right beside the value field displaying modulation amount. You probably will have to adjust the curve but that depends on how you want the Volume to react to your pitchbendmoves. Try it out...

(2) Also under 'options' should I check "use std.cc7/cc10 for master volume & pan" or leave it unchecked?
    If you want Cubase to control Main Volume and Pan you should check it. Otherwise you can leave it unchecked and use the Volume and Pan knobs at the Kontakt interface.
    This will have no influence on the pitchbend thing.

(3) Does the same apply to EastWest QLSO?
    Yes

(4) when using Kontakt as a VST instrument in Cubase SX3, how come I can't access the parameters by option/click on the Kontakt controls (e.g. to control automation). This works fine in standalone mode.
    Sorry I don't know. I'm using Kontakt in SX3 on a PC and it works fine.

Re: pitchbend to volume in Kontakt full

Thanks, Blitz, help much appreciated!

Go Back to forum