• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO 2 announced? Upgrade path?

Share/Bookmark

GPO 2 announced? Upgrade path? Advanced Pro version?

Found this via MacSurfer.com:

Garritan launches new editions of Personal Orchestra
    10:45am, Jan 06 -

Garritan Orchestral Libraries, developers of orchestral software libraries, announced new versions of the Mac OS X compatible Garritan Personal Orchestra today at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The company announced a Second Edition and plans to release an Advanced Pro Version and a Lite Academic version.

The US$279 Garritan Personal Orchestra is designed to offer a complete orchestral package for entry-level or professional musicians to create orchestrations of any size. It contains high-quality samples of all the major instruments in a symphony orchestra including strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion, as well as other instruments, such as a Steinway concert grand piano, a Stradivarius violin, woodwinds and brass, a full string section, beautiful concert harps, and a concert pipe organ. Garritan Personal Orchestra comes bundled with software applications to help users of all levels write, mix and play music, according to the folks at Garritan Orchestral Libraries.

New features to Garritan Personal Orchestra Second Edition are a new Steinberg Cubase LE sequencer, as well as an updated GenieSoft Overture SE notation program. Second Edition offers an enhanced GPO Studio, which allows users to record scores to audio directly from these and other notation programs. Finally, Second Edition provides more instrument patches and sounds with additional playing controls.

Garritan Personal Orchestra Advanced Pro Version will have all the features of Garritan Personal Orchestra Second Edition adding many more instruments and articulations. It will retail for $499 and ship in the spring. The Garritan Personal Orchestra Lite version, at a retail price of $149, will ship the first quarter of the year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Interested to hear more about new features in GPO2 as well as the "Advanced Pro Version." Hope to hear about a very reasonable upgrade path too.

Paul
    Last edited by Paulumos; 01-07-2005 at 03:07 AM. Reason: appended title

Re: GPO 2 announced? Upgrade path?

I can't wait to here some specs on GPO Advanced as well as Lite. I wonder what the upgrade price will be? The difference between what we paid and the retail for Advanced? Surely $499.00 is the retail price for Advanced including all of GPO 2, not just the upgrade.

Paul...

GPO 2 is what you have now that you've updated. The free update was upgrading your copy of GPO to GPO 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    GPO 2 is what you have now that you've updated. The free update was upgrading your copy of GPO to GPO 2.
    Just to clarify, the Oct 19 04 update that brings the Kontact Player to version 1.1.0.04 is essentially GPO "Second Edition"?

I have to confess that I have not been able to spend much time with the program since the October update. Family, holidays, and all... I'll have to check out what has changed more closely. And given my current lack of time, one might wonder why I am so eagely interested in the Advanced version. That is the sickness of gear lust!

Paul

Question Re: GPO 2 announced? Upgrade path?

Will the advanced version contain harmonics in strings etc.?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: GPO 2 announced? Upgrade path? Advanced Pro version?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulumos
    Found this via MacSurfer.com:

Garritan launches new editions of Personal Orchestra
    10:45am, Jan 06 -

Garritan Orchestral Libraries, developers of orchestral software libraries, announced new versions of the Mac OS X compatible Garritan Personal Orchestra today at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The company announced a Second Edition and plans to release an Advanced Pro Version and a Lite Academic version.

The US$279 Garritan Personal Orchestra is designed to offer a complete orchestral package for entry-level or professional musicians to create orchestrations of any size. It contains high-quality samples of all the major instruments in a symphony orchestra including strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion, as well as other instruments, such as a Steinway concert grand piano, a Stradivarius violin, woodwinds and brass, a full string section, beautiful concert harps, and a concert pipe organ. Garritan Personal Orchestra comes bundled with software applications to help users of all levels write, mix and play music, according to the folks at Garritan Orchestral Libraries.

New features to Garritan Personal Orchestra Second Edition are a new Steinberg Cubase LE sequencer, as well as an updated GenieSoft Overture SE notation program. Second Edition offers an enhanced GPO Studio, which allows users to record scores to audio directly from these and other notation programs. Finally, Second Edition provides more instrument patches and sounds with additional playing controls.

Garritan Personal Orchestra Advanced Pro Version will have all the features of Garritan Personal Orchestra Second Edition adding many more instruments and articulations. It will retail for $499 and ship in the spring. The Garritan Personal Orchestra Lite version, at a retail price of $149, will ship the first quarter of the year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Interested to hear more about new features in GPO2 as well as the "Advanced Pro Version." Hope to hear about a very reasonable upgrade path too.

Paul
    Crikey Paul....now you've done it, wait until I tell Gary. I told him you couldn't keep a secret! Perhaps I shouldn't have gone for the Gold GB after all!

frank

Is that a cat I see... escaped from that bag?
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

With the information currently available, I am able to tell you that the maximum upgrade cost from GPO2 to GPO-Advanced Pro will be $220.

Frank (GPO Frothing Fanboy )

....I'm not sure I like the sound of that Neo!

What's this about a Cubase LE? Is this available already?
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Thumbs up Re: GPO 2 announced? Upgrade path?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    What's this about a Cubase LE? Is this available already?
    Yeah, I know I'm wandering the same question and also if it is an upgrade from the bundled VST4? This would be vewy vewy innercharlestonheston!
    Hmmmm, glad you brought this question up Meesta Shazbotabingbataboing!

How's the little one? And Karon says Congratulations to Mom and Dad! Ya still have a ways to go to catch up to us. Then again, why would you put yourselves through the mayhem!
    Styxx

Cubase LE should be a step up for VST4. Sounds like it might be a watered down version of Cubase SL (which in it's self is a watered down version of Cubase SX). Gary needs to hurry up and come back from CES so he can give us more juicy details to drool over.
    Tim

Go Back to forum