• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vocal samples with GPO

Share/Bookmark

Vocal samples with GPO

I know that sampled vocal sounds are in the plan for GPO in the future. For now can anyone recommend a good library of sampled chorus and solo voice that will work alongside GPO. I use GPO through Finale via GPO Studio.

Thanks
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Thumbs up Re: Vocal samples with GPO

Hi, Michael - -

Because I couldn't wait, I found Peter Seidlaczek's "Extended Classical Choir" in Giga format (so that I could import to HALion2/3). (I paid about $235 for it, so I'm not sure if this is in the price range you are thinking of.)

It almost has too much. Every vowel configuration that I can think of and apparently there are ways of putting in consonants as well, although I've not yet had that Master Class (!).

my $0.02 ... KevinKauai

Re: Vocal samples with GPO

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    Hi, Michael - -

Because I couldn't wait, I found Peter Seidlaczek's "Extended Classical Choir" in Giga format (so that I could import to HALion2/3). (I paid about $235 for it, so I'm not sure if this is in the price range you are thinking of.)

It almost has too much. Every vowel configuration that I can think of and apparently there are ways of putting in consonants as well, although I've not yet had that Master Class (!).

my $0.02 ... KevinKauai
    I like Siedlaczek's very much too. But: only forte samples. Nevertheless, they can blend nicely with the orchestra if kept in the backgroud with a bit of reverb.

Anton

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    I know that sampled vocal sounds are in the plan for GPO in the future. For now can anyone recommend a good library of sampled chorus and solo voice that will work alongside GPO. I use GPO through Finale via GPO Studio.

Thanks
    There are two upcoming libraries:

- EWQSC: symphonic choir from east west quantum leap. But the price tag is 999 USD.

- VOCI, from Bela D Media, but only a boy and a girl choir at the beginning. An adult choir should follow. Price is not yet known.

Maybe you could wait for winter NAMM, as there might be other offers at that time.
    Pierre Laroche

I use Diva with GPO alot, and there is a group buy right now for Diva in the Sample Library Discussion section here, up to 65% off if there are enough buyers. I think I read it comes with a coupon for something off the Giovani choir mentioned above, but you might want to check on that, I don't remember.
    Lincoln Flesch
    Diva, GPO, GOS, LastLibs Bass, Scarbee's SID, BFD, Post Emperor and the MAG.
    ---------------------------------------
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    --Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Hey GPO peps!

Just remember that you will need a stand alone sampler to use DIVA.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum