• Register
  • Help

Topic: Save to .WAV

Share/Bookmark

Save to .WAV

If a MIDI application can successfully play tracks using GPO instruments, is it possible to capture the playback as a .wav file using some facility in GPO or the Kontakt player? If so, what is the procedure, or where is the procedure documented?

Thanks!
    -- Mark Walsen

Re: Save to .WAV

hi markwa

If you tell the forum which 'midi application/sequencer' you are using, then someone will sure to be able to explain how to do it in that application (I will if its Cubase/Cubasis). If you want to do it without a sequencer, it also depends a bit on what sound card you have on your computer so post that info as well.

LOW,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using MidiNotate Composer and MidiNotate Musician, for which I am the developer (www.notation.com). These MIDI/notation apps do not have VST support. I wasn't sure whether GPO or, more likely, the Kontakt player, might have a Save As .Wav feature. One or the other of GPO or Kontakt has the "opportunity" to implement Save As .Wav. My MIDI/notation app does not have such an "opportunity" unless, I suspect, it supports VST.

What particular sound card I use is fairly irrelevant, because I'm looking for a more general solution that would work for users of MidiNotate and GPO with any sound card. That said, if there is a solution for SB Live/Audigy, that would cover a large percentage of MidiNotate's users out there.

Cheers
    -- Mark

Try using GPO Studio with your program. It's got a save to wave feature. If it's not on disk 4 of your GPO disks, you can download it from the GPO website.

Good Luck,
    Jeff

Hi Jeff,

When I run the application named GPO Studio, it shows me the 8 players (pictures of 8 keyboards). I don't see any option in its user interface for Save to .WAV. Am I over-looking the option somewhere?

Cheers
    -- Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markwa
    Hi Jeff,

When I run the application named GPO Studio, it shows me the 8 players (pictures of 8 keyboards). I don't see any option in its user interface for Save to .WAV. Am I over-looking the option somewhere?

Cheers
    -- Mark
    On the top of GPO Studio, you will see a menu choice, RECORD. Drop down includes record to file. Set this as you wish. Then open your midi file, load your instruments from GPO studio. Then go back to the Studio, start record, return to your midi, start play. Obviously, best to have both runnning small enough to have them on the screen at the same time.

Richard

I just performed the operation, to make sure that I had remembered rightly. This probably requires the recent GPO update, but it sure is an easy way to record.

Richard,

Thanks for the tip that I needed version 1.2 of GPO Studio, which newly released the Record option.

Cheers
    -- Mark

[QUOTE=rwayland]On the top of GPO Studio, you will see a menu choice, RECORD. Drop down includes record to file. Set this as you wish. Then open your midi file, load your instruments from GPO studio. Then go back to the Studio, start record, return to your midi, start play.

Thanks Richard,
    I just recorded a piece from Finale2005 through GPOstudio, as you explained, and got a pretty Wav. Then I converted it with CDex to mp3 and it worked fine, too.

Basquette

Go Back to forum