• Register
  • Help

Topic: Calling All Bush Supporters

Share/Bookmark

Calling All Bush Supporters

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Can you actually read the following and STILL believe your guy was fairly elected? Remember, EVERY discrepancy listed below FAVORS Bush. Coincidence?

This from the freepress.org:

<SNIPPED>

Taken as a whole, this compendium of error, fraud, cover-up and contempt indicates that this was not a legitimate election, and is not worthy of being certified by the Congress of the United States:

1. More than 106,000 Ohio ballots remain uncounted. As certified by Blackwell, Ohio’s official results say 92,672 regular ballots were cast without indicating a choice for president. This sum grows to 106,000 ballots when uncounted provisional ballots are included. There is no legal reason for not inspecting and counting each of these ballots. This figure does not include thousands of people who did not vote, despite intending to do so in Ohio’s inner cities, due to a lack of voting machines, having no available ballots, intimidation, manipulation of registrations, denial of absentee ballots and other means of depriving American citizens of their rightful vote.

2. Most uncounted ballots come from regions and precincts where Kerry was strongest. In Hamilton County, 4,515 ballots or 51.64 percent of the uncounted county total, came from Cincinnati, where Kerry won 67.98 percent to Bush’s 31.54 percent. In Cuyahoga County, 4,708 ballots or 44 percent of the county total came from Cleveland, where Kerry won all 65 precincts. In Summit County, 2,650 ballots or 48.72 percent of the county total came from Akron, which Kerry won 68.75 percent to Bush’s 28.00 percent.

3. Of the 147,000 combined provisional and absentee ballots counted by hand after Election Day, Kerry received 54.46 percent of the vote. In the 10 largest Ohio counties, Kerry’s margin was 4.24 to 8.92 percent higher than in the certified results, which were predominantly machine counted. As in New Mexico, where George W. Bush carried every precinct whose votes were counted with electronic optical scanning machines, John Kerry's vote count was significantly lower among ballots counted on Election Day using electronic tabulators.

4. Turnout inconsistencies reveal tens of thousands of Kerry votes were not simply recorded. Systematic mathematical scrutiny reveals that the certified results at the statewide and precinct-to-precinct level display key patterns against a backdrop of implausible results. Most striking is a pattern where turnout percentages (votes cast as a percentage of registered voters) in cities won by Kerry were 10 percentage points or more lower than in the regions won by Bush, a virtually impossible scenario.

In Franklin County, where Columbus is located, Kerry won 346 precincts to Bush’s 125. The median Kerry precinct had 50.78 percent turnout, compared to 60.56 percent for Bush. Kerry’s lower numbers are due to local election officials assigning more voting machines per capita to Republican-leaning suburbs than the Democrat-leaning inner city – a political decision and likely Voting Rights Act violation. If Kerry-majority precincts in Columbus had a 60 percent turnout, as recorded throughout the rest of the state, he would have netted an additional 17,000 votes.

5. Many certified turnout results in key regions throughout the state are simply not plausible, and all work to the advantage of Bush. In southern Perry County, two precincts reported turnouts of 124.4 and 124.0 percent of the registered voters. These impossible turnouts were nonetheless officially certified as part of the final recount by Blackwell. But in pro-Kerry Cleveland, there were certified precinct turnouts of 7.10, 13.15, 19.60, 21.01, 21.80, 24.72, 28.83 and 28.97 percents. Seven entire wards reported a turnout less than 50 percent. But if the actual Cleveland turnout was 60 percent, as registered statewide, Kerry would have netted an additional 22,000 votes. Kerry is also thought to have lost 7,000 votes in Toledo this way.

6. Due to computer flaws and vote shifting, there were numerous reports across Ohio of extremely troublesome electronic errors during the voting process and in the counting. In Youngstown, there were more than two-dozen Election Day reports of machines that switched or shifted on-screen displays of a vote for Kerry to a vote for Bush. In Cleveland, there were three precincts in which minor third-party candidates received 86, 92 and 98 percent of the vote respectively, an outcome completely out of synch with the rest of the state (a similar thing occurred during the contested election in Florida, 2000). This class of error points to more than machine malfunction, suggesting instead that votes are being electronically shifted from one candidate to another in the voting and counting stage. All reported errors favored Bush over Kerry.

7. In Miami County, two sets of results were submitted to state officials. The second, which padded Bush's margin, reported that 18,615 additional votes were counted, increasing Bush’s total by exactly 16,000 votes. Miami County’s turnout was up 20.86 percent from 2000, but only had experienced a population increase of 1.38 percent by 2004. Two Miami County precincts were certified with reported turnouts of 98.55 and 94.27 percent. In one of the precincts this would have required all but ten registered voters to have cast ballots. But an independent investigation has already collected affidavits of more than 10 registered voters that did not cast ballots on Nov. 2, indicating that Blackwell's officially certified vote count is simply impossible, which once again favoring Bush.

In Warren County, in southern Ohio, an unexplained Homeland Security alert was cited by Republican election board officials as a pretext for barring the media and independent observers from the vote count. In Warren and neighboring Butler and Clermont Counties, Bush won by a margin of 132,685 votes. He beat Gore in these counties in 2000 by 95,575 votes, meaning an implausible pickup of almost 40,000 votes.

But Bush’s numbers meant 13,566 people who voted for C. Ellen Connally, the liberal Democratic candidate for Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice, also voted for Bush. In Butler Country, Bush officially was given 109,866 votes. But conservative GOP Chief Justice Moyer was given only 68,407, a negative discrepancy of more than 40,000 votes. Meanwhile, Connally was credited with 61,559 votes to John Kerry's 56,234. This would mean that while Bush vastly outpolled his Republican counterpart running for the Supreme Court, African-American female Democrat running for the Supreme Court on the Democratic side outpolled Kerry. By all accounts such an outcome is inconceivable. Again, it indicates a very significant and likely fraudulent shifting of votes to Bush.

8. Democratic voters were apparently targeted with provisional ballots. These ballots require voters to fill out extensive forms at the poll. Under extraordinary rules established by Blackwell these ballots were set to be discarded if even minor errors were committed. Poll watchers in Cleveland and Columbus have testified that most provisional ballots were given to minority and young voters. The same is true with presumed liberal college and university students. In Athens, where Ohio University is located, 8.59 percent of student ballots were provisional. At Kenyon College and Oberlin College, liberal arts institutions, there were severe shortages of voting machines when compared with nearby religious-affiliated schools. Students at Kenyon waited up to eleven hours to vote. Provisional ballots were also required of mostly African-American students at Wilberforce College.

9. Ohio's Election Day exit poll was more credible than the certified result, according to intense statistical analysis. In-depth studies by Prof. Ron Baiman of the University of Illinois at Chicago shows that Ohio's exit polls in Ohio and elsewhere were virtually certain to be more accurate than the final vote count as certified by Blackwell. Ohio's exit polls predicted a Kerry victory by percentages that exceeded their margin of error. Compared to the voter access, voting technology and vote counting problems in Ohio, the exit polls were far more systematic and reliable. Critics of the exit polls’ accuracy say too many Democrats were sampled, but a detailed analysis of that assertion shows no credible evidence for it. The stark shift from exit polls favoring Kerry to final results in Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio all went in Bush's direction, and are, according to Baiman, a virtual impossibility, with odds as high as 150 million to one against.

10. The Ohio recount wasn’t random or comprehensive and may have involved serious illegalities. Under Ohio law, 3 percent of the ballots in a precinct are examined by hand. If the numbers match what was counted on Election Day, then the rest of the ballots are compiled electronically. In many districts, Republican Secretary of State Blackwell chose the precincts to be counted in a partisan manner, weighing the choices toward precincts where there were no disputes while avoiding those being contested. Moreover, there have been numerous confirmed instances where employees of the private companies that manufactured the voting machines had access to the machines and the computer records before the recount occurred. In at least two counties, technicians from Diebold and Triad dismantled key parts of voting machines before they could be subjected to audits for recount. In some counties, vendor companies conducted the recount – not public election officials. At least one county---Shelby---has admitted to discarding key data before the recount could be taken. In Greene County unrecounted ballots were left unguarded in an unlocked building, rendering the recount moot.

These ten points are among the most serious clouding the electoral outcome in Ohio, but are only part of a larger pattern. Their correlation with similar evidence in New Mexico, Florida and elsewhere gives them added gravitas. Scores of sworn affidavits and the on-going work of teams of attorneys, statisticians and other experts have revealed far more points of contention and suspicion, many of which we will present in tomorrow's article.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Re: Calling All Bush Supporters

Well rob,
    I'd love to respond at length, but I'm having a bout with Shingles and I'm med'ed up till I can barely see straight. It will have to wait till later.

For now, let me just quickly say, again, there is a difference between speculation, allegation, believing etc. that a crime may have or could have been committed and proof that a crime "has" been committed.

Can you actually read the following and STILL believe your guy was fairly elected?
    Yes
    Aaron Clark, C/C++, J2EE, Flash, Perl and PHP programming.
    Logic Pro 7.0.1, G5 1800x2, 3 Gig ram, GPO and GOS lite.
    My site: http://www.clarkaudio.com
    Where I work now: http://www.blinex.com/

dcornutt,

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Medication aside, whether or not a crime was committed, and whether or not most Ohio voters chose Bush, this is no way to run an election.

Some claim that Bush has a mandate. The sad part is that many of us question even his legitimacy. I'd prefer having a democracy that I could trust - even when I lose.

It's been interesting here is Washinton State. The governor's race has been nip and tuck. The process of a machine count, a machine re-count and then a manual re-count is well defined here for tight races. Rossi, the Republican, won the initial count by a 261. He won the machine re-count by 42. But after the manual recount, Gregoire had won by 130. That includes 700 or so votes that were contested to the state supreme court. Even without the contested votes, Gregoire won by 10.

So, does Rossi concede? Hell no. He wants a do over. He doesn't claim fraud or anything of the sort. He just claims that the vote was "tainted". Our Secreatary of State, Sam Reed, a Republican, doesn't think so. He has certified the vote.

Earlier, Rossi claimed that he wanted the voters, not the lawyers, to decide the election. Now that he's got the short stick, it's lawyer city.

Overall, I'm very proud of our state. I observed the local polling place and everything appeared above board. Nowhere did we have long lines. Only one community in the state had paperless machines.

Out of 2.8 million votes, we had a shift of less than 400. That's only 0.014%, which isn't unexpected.

So, what's Rossi's response? To go to court. He wants a new election.

I think he can get one - in four years.

But in the meantime he becomes an advocate for clean elections, I support him wholeheartedly.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by dcornutt
    Well rob,
    I'd love to respond at length, but I'm having a bout with Shingles and I'm med'ed up till I can barely see straight. It will have to wait till later.

For now, let me just quickly say, again, there is a difference between speculation, allegation, believing etc. that a crime may have or could have been committed and proof that a crime "has" been committed.
    And murderers have been convicted on less evidence than presented in that article. What does it take for you guys to start asking questions?

EDIT: I urge you to read the following report prepared by House Judiciary democrats:

http://www.pdamerica.org/field/final...s%20report.pdf
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    St. Martin's Press

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    dcornutt,

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Medication aside, whether or not a crime was committed, and whether or not most Ohio voters chose Bush, this is no way to run an election.

Some claim that Bush has a mandate. The sad part is that many of us question even his legitimacy. I'd prefer having a democracy that I could trust - even when I lose.

It's been interesting here is Washinton State. The governor's race has been nip and tuck. The process of a machine count, a machine re-count and then a manual re-count is well defined here for tight races. Rossi, the Republican, won the initial count by a 261. He won the machine re-count by 42. But after the manual recount, Gregoire had won by 130. That includes 700 or so votes that were contested to the state supreme court. Even without the contested votes, Gregoire won by 10.

So, does Rossi concede? Hell no. He wants a do over. He doesn't claim fraud or anything of the sort. He just claims that the vote was "tainted". Our Secreatary of State, Sam Reed, a Republican, doesn't think so. He has certified the vote.

Earlier, Rossi claimed that he wanted the voters, not the lawyers, to decide the election. Now that he's got the short stick, it's lawyer city.

Overall, I'm very proud of our state. I observed the local polling place and everything appeared above board. Nowhere did we have long lines. Only one community in the state had paperless machines.

Out of 2.8 million votes, we had a shift of less than 400. That's only 0.014%, which isn't unexpected.

So, what's Rossi's response? To go to court. He wants a new election.

I think he can get one - in four years.

But in the meantime he becomes an advocate for clean elections, I support him wholeheartedly.

-JF
    I voted for Rossi, and I think the idea of a re-vote (or whatever) is completely lame. Get over it. Fairly or no, the Democrat won. As I said in another thread, the *last* thing I want in WA State is another 4 years of "selected, not elected". But i'd like to hear the "select, not elected" crowd weigh in, now that the shoe is on the other foot. Whaddya think, Robgb??? Perosnally, I think Rossi got jobbed. Every time King County counted the votes, it was "Oh, we've found another 4,000 votes... oooppsss, I did it again".

Like I said.... I want them to drop it. God forbid I spend my life like Robgb. But what woulda happened if the Repub had won, I wonder?? would it have been any different on the other side?? No, of course not... we all know it's true.

Rossi's current justification for a re-vote is that some number of provisional ballots got stuffed in with the normal ballots. That didn't allow verification of the voters in question. In some cases the election officials didn't quite understand the rules. In other cases the voters themselves put the provisional ballots in the counting machine. (Must have been optical. We had no counting machines at the polls in our chad-based county.) It was a small number of provisional ballots that were mis-cast in this way, but the number could be significant in such a close election.

Given that this was the first election with a provisional ballot process, it's not surprising that some mistakes were made. Hopfully, we can safeguard against these problems next time around.

The re-vote thing makes no sense though. Some people who voted in 2004 have died or left the state. Some people have moved here or turned 18 since November second. The thing is, you can't really re-do a vote on a different date. It would be a brand new election with brand new campaigns. Perish the thought!

This reflects part of the terrible problem with the long lines in Ohio. Nobody expects a do-over. You have to count what you have. But that's a real crime for people who were prevented from voting on November 2nd. There is no second chance for them when it comes to Election 2004.

In Washington State we had a small number of provisional ballots slip through the cracks, and it may have turned a razor thin election. In Ohio, we had thousands of votes prevented or not counted. In both cases we *must* do better.

I'm confident that Washington State will improve the provisional ballot procedures next year. I am also confident that the Ohio thing will be stonewalled, and that there will be long lines and uncounted votes again next year.

If we cherish our democracy, we must improve our elections. And if our politicians fight against clean elections, throw the bums out!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Green Red Brownell
    I voted for Rossi, and I think the idea of a re-vote (or whatever) is completely lame. Get over it. Fairly or no, the Democrat won. As I said in another thread, the *last* thing I want in WA State is another 4 years of "selected, not elected". But i'd like to hear the "select, not elected" crowd weigh in, now that the shoe is on the other foot. Whaddya think, Robgb???
    I think if Rossi has a legitimate claim, if there's enough evidence to support him -- as there is in Ohio -- then he should get his wish.

I don't know how many times I have to say this -- it ISN'T about WHO is running, but about the integrity of the system itself.

All I want is that the votes we cast -- all of them -- be counted.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    St. Martin's Press

Go Back to forum