• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT... Need some recommendations, please.

Share/Bookmark

Question OT... Need some recommendations, please.

I apologize for this being "off topic"... but I really need some recommendations from my fellow musicians, please.

I need to find a website host, where I can post my MP3s of my original music.

I'd like to find a fairly decent priced host, with enough webspace, that will allow MP3s. I had been having big problems adding MP3 files to my "current" site... with my "current" host... then, when I requested help from them, they sent me an E-mail with this info:

You cannot upload music/video files with .WMA/.MP3/.AVI and all other extensions. We do not support streaming audio or video. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Well, that just totally blew me away... why in the **** would I want to use a web host that will not even support MP3s? Now, I gotta start looking for a new host. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Gary

Re: OT... Need some recommendations, please.

This webhost has been good for me. Worth a look..........

http://www.lunarpages.com

Never had any problems posting mp3 files there, although I don't use streaming so I can't comment on that side of things.

Steve

I am happy with www.soundclick.com. And the price is right (free).

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary M. Thomas
    Well, that just totally blew me away... why in the **** would I want to use a web host that will not even support MP3s? Now, I gotta start looking for a new host. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Gary
    You wouldn't, but I'm sure they want to avoid any potential liability above all else. Lots of people use soundclick and seem happy with it.

- Keith

Thank you all for your great responses. I am going to check out Soundclick and also LunarPages and see which works best for me.

I really appreciate all the help. Gary

Hey Gary,

I use iPowerWeb.com and I think it is under $10/month - can load a ton of mp3's on the site. Good luck.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

If you want to build/own your own site, I highly recommend WWM.net.

Very good hosting plans, reseller plans, etc., for managing your internet kingdom. Excellent 24/7 tech desk. Great prices. I have had nothing but pleasure in working with them, and certainly had a few horror stories before that.

Best regards,
    Bruce

I've been very happy with HostDome: http://www.hostdome.com/
    I've been using them for about a year without any problems. They have a basic plan that's $2.95/month (250mb of space).

Also, whenever I see a question like this, I feel compelled to warn everyone to stay FAR away from a company called WebHostPalace - nothing but problems.

Cool Re: OT... Need some recommendations, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    Hey Gary,

I use iPowerWeb.com and I think it is under $10/month - can load a ton of mp3's on the site. Good luck.

Rob
    I just switched to ipower yesterday. My site is already up. Great service and pricing too!

dk

Gary,

For $7.77 a month you get 2 gigs of storage and 5 gigs per day traffic at Powweb.com . That's where my site is at.

Go Back to forum