Flute Solo KS
    Harpsichord (Default)
    Violins 1 Sus + Short
    Violas Sus + Short

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Flutecake.mp3

Regards,

Larry A.

Re: "FluteCake"

Charming! An excellent combination and lovely melody for flute. I'd like to see a virtuoso version (probably using the NV flute for the fast passages).

I think Gary is going to singlehandedly revive the harpsichord for modern composers; its warm and brilliant tone is perfect for so many things.

Quote Originally Posted by danveach
    Charming! An excellent combination and lovely melody for flute. I'd like to see a virtuoso version (probably using the NV flute for the fast passages).

I think Gary is going to singlehandedly revive the harpsichord for modern composers; its warm and brilliant tone is perfect for so many things.
    My thanks to you Mr. Dan, over there in peach country.

I enjoy writing for harpsichord. It has an elegance that few other keyboards, if any, have.

I just took a look at your website. Your pond and fish and water lilies are beautiful! I am a fishkeeper myself. I have a large plecostomus catfish that is about eighteen inches long! I have had him for fourteen years and he is totally tame, insisting that I hand-feed him. The nerve!

My best to you,

Larry A.

Thumbs up Re: "FluteCake"

I was very pleased this piece of "FluteCake" wasn't as heavy as a piece of "Fruitcake"!
    A very nice light delightful piece of music. Love the Harpsichord with its rather unusual rhythmic textures. You never seem to have an end to your compositional virtuosity!
    Very cool piece! Not too tart, not too sweet. Just enough now go write another piece!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I was very pleased this piece of "FluteCake" wasn't as heavy as a piece of "Fruitcake"!
    A very nice light delightful piece of music. Love the Harpsichord with its rather unusual rhythmic textures. You never seem to have an end to your compositional virtuosity!
    Very cool piece! Not too tart, not too sweet. Just enough now go write another piece!
    Thanks, Mikey and a Sappy...I mean a Happy New Year to you, Son!

Sincerefully yores,

Larry A.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I am a fishkeeper myself. I have a large plecostomus catfish that is about eighteen inches long! I have had him for fourteen years and he is totally tame, insisting that I hand-feed him. The nerve!
    Ah, a kindred soul! My goldfish also eat out of my hand, follow us around, and like to play games. Once my wife mentioned that we had fish as pets, and someone said "but fish aren't really pets." She replied, "Ours are!"

Go Back to forum