• Register
  • Help

Topic: Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums

Share/Bookmark

Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums

Anybody, have this library yet? I'm supposed to have it delivered on Wednesday and I can't wait.

I copied all of the mp3 files to my hard drive and have been playing with them for the last 4-5 days. I think it is the most real drum set i'v heard to date and it makes use of GS3's new features like RR and Gigapulse.

Just curious if anybody has heard the whole library

giga...

Re: Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    Anybody, have this library yet? I'm supposed to have it delivered on Wednesday and I can't wait.

I copied all of the mp3 files to my hard drive and have been playing with them for the last 4-5 days. I think it is the most real drum set i'v heard to date and it makes use of GS3's new features like RR and Gigapulse.

giga...
    Make SURE you have the correct version of GS3 installed. The version to use is listed on the case.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I've been using it for a whilie, and you are going to LOVE it. Be sure to really study the user guide, so you know which keys correspond to which positions on the drum head, and how everything is laid out.

It is a secret weapon library, for sure. I have gotten nothing but compliments on drum sounds since the day I started using it.

This is a special library. I have it for a few weeks now and it´s a real piece of art that was specially designed for GigaStudio 3. Larry has been closely working together with the Giga-team to produce the GigaPulse content that comes with these drum sounds, to make use of Giga´s stacking capability and it shows! The overall sound quality is excellent, the documentation is great and very detailed. The instruments used are all (near-) perfect. It comes with a bunch of interesting midi files that use predefined drum kits. I found these midi files usefull but a little limited. Once you start with your own patterns you´ll see how this library comes to live. Great job!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Peter, would 3.04 work? i would hate to think I have to go backwards in revision numbers to get the library to work.

giga...

I was just looking at the back of the cd case on Larry's web site and anything higher than 3.01 seems to be fine.

One thing I did catch was that it requires a GSIF 2.0 sound card! i only have a GSIF 1 sound card. Peter, will it still work with a GSIF1 card or am i screwed?

Thanks
    giga...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Richardson
    I've been using it for a whilie, and you are going to LOVE it. Be sure to really study the user guide, so you know which keys correspond to which positions on the drum head, and how everything is laid out.

It is a secret weapon library, for sure. I have gotten nothing but compliments on drum sounds since the day I started using it.
    Bruce,

It is great to hear that you are getting compliments on the drum sounds!

If you're interested in sharing any of them, I would love to post them on my site ( http://www.larryseyer.com ).

BTW, there is an updated manual online now that has more hidden tips on using the library... download it for free on the web site also.

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    This is a special library. I have it for a few weeks now and it´s a real piece of art that was specially designed for GigaStudio 3. Larry has been closely working together with the Giga-team to produce the GigaPulse content that comes with these drum sounds, to make use of Giga´s stacking capability and it shows! The overall sound quality is excellent, the documentation is great and very detailed. The instruments used are all (near-) perfect. It comes with a bunch of interesting midi files that use predefined drum kits. I found these midi files usefull but a little limited. Once you start with your own patterns you´ll see how this library comes to live. Great job!
    Michiel,

What a wonderful compliment... Thank you!

I've just been to your site and listened to your demos... Your libraries sound great!!!!

Indeed, we approached this drum library with the attitude of "making art" instead of "making money"... (however, we DO want to make our investment money back!)

Are you going to NAMM this year?

If so, will see you then.

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga

I was just looking at the back of the cd case on Larry's web site and anything higher than 3.01 seems to be fine.

One thing I did catch was that it requires a GSIF 2.0 sound card! i only have a GSIF 1 sound card. Peter, will it still work with a GSIF1 card or am i screwed?

Thanks
    giga...
    Thanks for the compliments!

The only reason there is a requirement for a GSIF 2.0 card is if you want to use the GigaStudio 3.x 'real-time' input feature using GigaPulse.

Since we included several new rooms with the drum library, we figured that SOME people were going to want to use this library as a stand alone reverb generator... and that is fine, which is why we required a GSIF 2.0 card to be able to do that function.

However, if you are going to use the library like 99.99% of the users will, then a GSIF 1.x card will work just fine.

In fact, ANY version of GigaStudio 3.X will work with the drum library... but if you want the installer to configure all of the library 'paths' for you, then you need GigaStudio 3.01 or higher for them to be set properly by the installer.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Best to all!

Larry Seyer
    http://www.larryseyer.com
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Larry Seyer's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Go Back to forum