• Register
  • Help

Topic: keyboard plays wrong sounds

Share/Bookmark

keyboard plays wrong sounds

i have sonar 4. When i play from the keyboard, midi is recorded, but i do not hear the correct GPO sound through the speakers as it is recording but another non-GPO sound. Yet when i play what was recorded on sonar 4, i can hear the correct GPO instrument. I am not sure where the first sound is coming from or how to get the GPO sound as i am playing it????
    jgyoungmd

Smile Re: keyboard plays wrong sounds

There should be a "Local Off" setting on your keyboard somewhere so that you wont hear the sounds from it's internal sound engine when playing it's keyboard. That way, if you want to address it's internal sounds, you have to address them via midi through sonar. I use Cubase but I'm sure that this applies to Sonar also. What is the keyboard? Also, just to see if you are getting sound from your keyboard, try turning the keyboard volume all the way down. Good Luck.

Eric

Re: keyboard plays wrong sounds

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    There should be a "Local Off" setting on your keyboard somewhere so that you wont hear the sounds from it's internal sound engine when playing it's keyboard. That way, if you want to address it's internal sounds, you have to address them via midi through sonar. I use Cubase but I'm sure that this applies to Sonar also. What is the keyboard? Also, just to see if you are getting sound from your keyboard, try turning the keyboard volume all the way down. Good Luck.

Eric
    the sound seems to be coming from the computer because the volume of the keyboard is at zero. But i am not sure where on the soundcard it is coming from. The irony is after i record the music, and hear a strange sound, when i play it back on GPO from Soanr 4, it is the correct instrument
    jgyoungmd

Go Back to forum