• Register
  • Help

Topic: In Remembrance of Thee

Share/Bookmark

In Remembrance of Thee

This communion hymn was written by my Pastor's wife back in 1969. I thought it was fitting to make an all GPO version of this hymn since she passed away about a month ago. My Pastor from the church I used to go to has only heard the song via piano and organ since it was typically played during communion. I'm sure he will love it. It is a traditional sounding hymn with a little bit of modern flavor to it. Since I have not posted anything for a while, I thought someone might enjoy this. My Dad asked me if I could do this for Pastor Miller, I was honored.
    In Remembrance Of Thee

Enjoy!
    DPDAN

Re: In Remembrance of Thee

I did the same thing because I can only sightread to sing but not to play. I'm with ya there

Dan

Deepy, Lovely hymn, beautifully and sensitively arranged and produced. The diminuendo and rallentando at 2:40 was lovely.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Deepy, Lovely hymn, beautifully and sensitively arranged and produced. The diminuendo and rallentando at 2:40 was lovely.

Frank
    WOW Frank, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I just wish I knew some of these musical terms that you folks use
    I have to listen to 2:40 to see what you mean, but I bet it is where it gets real quiet?

Anyway, Happy New Year Frank, I hope your new year is full of happiness, joy and great health!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    WOW Frank, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I just wish I knew some of these musical terms that you folks use
    I have to listen to 2:40 to see what you mean, but I bet it is where it gets real quiet?

Anyway, Happy New Year Frank, I hope your new year is full of happiness, joy and great health!

Dan
    Hi Dan, you talk like I know something!! I just happened to remember those terms from my Grade 2 theory (the pinnacle of my theoretical achievement!!)which I took when I sat when I was 52!!! I must say though, that it does make me sound rather clever and pompous....I must use them more!! Yes it means when it slows down and gets quieter.....I don't know why I just didn't say that....it's just that those flashy terms sprang into my mind.....it shows I remembered something!

Yes let's hope we all have some good years ahead.....before the asteroid hits!!! ....sorry, I've just been reading Bill Bryson's 'A short history of nearly everything'

Dan, This is really lovely. I'm sure this will be received with a glad tear from your pastor.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful arrangement.

Karl

Hello Dan,

very very nice. I like the instrumentation. It gives the piece a lot of colour. I like also the melody and harmonies, A feelingly composition.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Best regards
    Rainer

Thank you Karl and Rainer. She really did a nice job writing it. My Dad took the CD's to him the other day and said he was so happy, but the tears were mixed, happy to again hear her song, but sad that she isn't there to share it with him. He has been a gift for me, and I suppose this will be a gift for him. Thanks guys!
    Dan

Go Back to forum