• Register
  • Help

Topic: Odd Problem wiith Giga3 and Sonar4. Please advise.

Share/Bookmark

Question Odd Problem wiith Giga3 and Sonar4. Please advise.

I just got Giga3 Orchestra and everything is fine when Giga is used as a standalone sampler, but when I use Rewire in Sonar4, all of the samples play back at a very high pitch, like they are at twice the correct sample rate. What am I doing wrong?

I played the same samples in Vsampler (set up as a DXi in Sonar) and they sound fine.

I'm using a Delta Audiophile 24/96 with the latest drivers, Athlon 64 3000+, 1GB RAM.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Odd Problem wiith Giga3 and Sonar4. Please advise.

Hi,

this is not directly relqted to your problem, but the rewire function is quite bad with sonar: At the moment you can load 16 midichannels only, and all your samples exept one will arrive as a mono track in Sonar. They are working on it -- right now better leave hands off the rewire function.

In my experience tuning problems are related to khz settings: 44, 48 whatever in GS...

Good luck,
    Markus.

As Markus said, it's probably a sample rate setting problem: check the m-audio delta audiophile control panel before and after adding the rewired gs3 -- probably either sonar or gigastudio changes the sample rate. There are three places to set: the sonar audio options, the gigastudio system settings, and the m-audio control panel clock (and they all have to be the same or at least compatible).

Both Sonar and Gs3 are set to 24/96. The Maudio panel also says 96k. Are most people simply using the Giga midiports instead of the Rewire? The samples play fine when I set it up like that, and Sonar midi controls GS3 just fine.

Go Back to forum